Overworld Chapter 41 - Course Set

…as they ran along the docks. The rito was still standing there, puzzled, as the four jumped down into the boat again. Link pulled the ropes free of the docks before Lynard shoved them off into open waters.

            The sail caught the wind. Lynard said as they began to gain speed, “This wind won’t take use as fast as we’ll need to go to outrun those pirates.”

            “That reminds me,” Endeavor stated, pulling out a slip of paper. “I found this. It is only three notes, but I figured it could be useful for where we are going.”

            Link took the slip of paper and read over it. He pulled out his ocarina and tried to imitate the notes on the page.

            “You learned the Wind’s Requiem. Those who can play this song have the power of the winds in their hands.

            The winds shifted towards the east. Lynard shifted his sail into the wind, the ship gaining even more speed. Lynard said, “These winds are much better.”

            “It is lucky that was on sale. No one needs a wind spell when you have steamships,” Endeavor went on. “Though…it seems some crafts are more favorable for these waters at present.”

            Link set his ocarina back on the top of his pack so he could reach it quickly in case they need it again. But at the moment, Link had something else on his mind. He asked, “What did you have in mind if we ran into one of those pirate ships?”

            Endeavor said, “We can not be that close to one already.”

            “Think again,” Lynard said, quickly turning his ship around and dropping the sail. Cannon fire rung out beside them as the ship turned about. Lynard demanded, “You better come up with a plan now, or we’re going to be sleeping with the Linebreaker today.”

            Yore took off from the side of the ship, diving into the ship’s crew. Endeavor said, “They are idiots…why would anyone add something so impractical on their ship?”

            “What is it?” Link asked, fishing out his clawshot.

            “It is a plank,” Endeavor answered. “And it is rather loosely fastened.”

            Link inquired, “Can I grab on to it?”

            “You should be able to,” Endeavor replied.

            “Sounds good,” Link stated about to launch his clawshot. Suddenly, Lynard grabbed his arm. Link turned back towards the man.

            “Link, these aren’t monsters. They’re men and women, like you and I,” Lynard said. “If you kill them…”

            “I won’t,” Link replied. He gripped the clasp on his clawshot until he felt the claw grip onto the plank Endeavor had mentioned. He rolled as he came over the deck. He switched to his Sage’s Rod, sending the Shadow Medallion into the crook of the staff. He swung the staff, and cloud of darkness rushed over the deck.

            Link pulled out the Goddess’s Reach. Surprisingly, he could still see through the shadow fairly well. He dropped two pirates with a swing of his staff as he heard someone roll over the side of the ship behind him.

            Like a true sailor, Lynard targeted the captain of the ship. His cane caught the pirate’s sword, before slamming his weapon into the back of the pirate’s neck. As Link continued to clear the deck of the ship, Lynard turned the ship hard towards the rocks. With the ship racing towards its doom, Lynard and Link abandoned ship. Pirates jumped overboard, flailing in the water.