e p i l o g u e

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."
― Sarah Dessen

I'm going to do a Q&A so do you have any questions about me or any of our beautiful characters?

epilogue

"What does your future look like, Mr. Grumpy?" Clementine asked him, mixing her bowl of brownie batter together.

They were in her large kitchen and she was trying to teach him how to bake. So far, it was going... okay.

Bar had managed to spill a bunch of flour, make the eggshells go into the batter causing them to restart, accidentally dropped a couple of eggs as well, and burned the back of his hand.

But he was good at mixing, so that's what Clementine tasked him with.

Until he got distracted and ended up emptying the whole bowl into the sink by accident.

So now Bar was just standing in the corner about five feet away from her as he watched the little goddess work, trying to stay out of the way as much as possible. He's caused enough mayhem for one day.

"My future?" He frowned, thinking as he tapped his flour-covered fingers against the counter. "I don't know, honestly, if it isn't with you."

Clementine gave him a smile, a shy blush on her face as she turned her body towards him, now holding onto the bowl as she kept mixing.

"Do you want kids?"

Kids?

"I want..." Bar paused, not really sure about being a father. He didn't have the best example of one... what if he failed? What if he was a bad dad? "I want to have a family, y'know? Like an actual family, with love and nothing else. No hate, no pain, no abuse. I want to do that with you and only you. So yeah, I want kids."

"Good because y-you're stuck with me," Clementine said. "And I plan on building a big, happy family together with you."

And then she set the bowl down and threw flour at him.

Bar's eyes closed as he felt the white power stick to his face and in his hair, even some going down his shirt.

Calmly, and all while the little goddess was giggling to herself, he wiped it away from his eyes and then just stared at her.

Seeing his predatory gaze and dominating stance that Bar silently shifted into, Clementine stared up at him wide-eyed, not sure what will happen next.

She was too slow to get away from Bar as he grabbed her by the waist before taking a handful of his previously destroyed batter and globbing it onto her hair. The little goddess gasped at the cold substance, freezing against him as he cooed about how he put the brownie batter on her knowing she was hot enough to bake it-- no oven needed.

With that sentence alone, they started a food fight.

Both of them were laughing as they threw flour, batter, and even eggs at each other, things all over the kitchen spilling or getting knocked over.

Clementine's hair was matted down with the yolk and flour floated around Bar every time he moved his head, both of their outfits were absolutely destroyed and covered in baking ingredients.

"Ah, Oly!" The little goddess shrieked, narrowly missing a face full of dough. "I'll get you f-for that!"

"Do it," Bar challenged, jogging around the kitchen's island with a smirk, dark eyes twinkling at her. "Come closer."