c h a p t e r. 43

"Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart."
José N. Harris

Question for you guys: What chapters do you want to see from Clementine's POV the most?

chapter 43

Waking up being the only one in bed but with the blankets still warm around him, Bar assumed that Clementine just got up and decided to go find her.

He only hoped that he wouldn't get lost in the maze of a mansion that the little goddess lived in.

Having slept in only his boxers, he lazily pulled on some sweatpants before going to the bathroom and getting ready for the day.

No matter how much the brute tried to fix his hair, it was still messy and sticking up in odd directions.

Bar scowled at his reflection before going back into Clementine's room and then out into the hallway, following the path he hoped he remembered correctly.

Awkwardly ignoring his mother as she dusts off one of the large paintings, he hurries past her.

Alysia didn't deserve his acknowledgment.

Bar, still being half asleep, stumbles into Clementine's personal kitchen for the first time. Everywhere there were cute little trinkets, pictures, small stickers on the appliances, a smiley face on the fridge, animals on the mugs, and the towels had either little sheeps or flowers on them.

Somehow, Bar didn't know it was possible, Clementine got even cuter.

Bar was tired and couldn't stop the soft grin from lighting up his features.

"What?" The little goddess nervously smiles. "Is there a, a problem?

"No problem, babygirl." He draws her into him and kisses her forehead. "You're just so fucking adorable."

"That's i-it?"

"Yeah, besides the fact that you make it difficult for me not to be thirsty seeing how wet you are..." Bar smirks. "Which is a problem when I'm supposed to be hydrating."

"You're nasty, Oly!" Clementine throws a towel at him, easily making the brute laugh.

"And you're kinky but you don't see me complaining."

"Ugh!" Clementine's cheeks flush red and she leans back, a cute glare on her face as she pouted up at Bar. "I c-can't believe you just said that!"

"Why not?" Bar smirked. "It's the truth."

"So!"

"So I wanted to make you blush," Bar pointed to her face. "And I did."

"Why'd you have to say it like that?" The little goddess whined, fingers wrapping into the top of Bar's pajama pants to pull him closer, their bodies flush together. "Couldn't you have picked something else to tease m-me about?"

"Of course I could have," Bar places a gentle kiss to her lips, biting the bottom one before pulling away. "I could go into detail about how fucking hot you look on top of me, sweating, a blush on your face as you moan because of how good you're riding my-"

"Oly!" Clementine placed her hands over his mouth, minty eyes wide. "Sh! The maids can hear you!"

Bar nipped at her fingers, "I don't care."

"Hmph."

"Don't hmph at me-"

"Young master," A young maid comes into the kitchen, eyes widening as she looks at Bar's impressively built body before turning back to Clementine. "You, uh, you have... phone! It was ringing..."