18-Lovely Trip

Autumn's POV

It had been a while that Mitsukuni and I had been together. Seeing as I had graduated just last week. (A/n: Autumn is 18 now and Mitsukuni is 20.) I woke up and stretched my arms towards the sky. I let out a yawn while tossing my legs over the side of the bed.

I hate Mondays. Oh no... Can't miss it! I stood up and rushed down the staircase. I called out, "Hikaru! Kaoru!" They paused at the front door staring at me. I hit the bottom of the stairs and ran to them. I pulled them into a tight hug.

We had made a deal. I hope they enjoy their month with Dad. They haven't seen him in forever... Kaoru was hugging me as Hikaru ruffled my hair. Hikaru said, "Come on, Sunny, it's a month."

I let out, "But I'll miss you guys!"

Kaoru pulled me tighter into the gentle hug, "We'll be fine. Remember you're supposed to take care of mom while we're gone."

I nodded my head, "I remember our deal."

Hikaru gently wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "As much as I love the attention, we need to go. We don't need to be late."

I pouted and held Kaoru tighter. I held it for a few seconds then let go, "Alright, stay safe. I'll see you two again next month."

Kaoru patted my head the grabbed the handle on his luggage. Hikaru smirked then let go of me grabbing his. They went out the door. I went out standing on the porch. They got in the limo then rolled the window down.

Kaoru called out, "Remember mom will be back the day after tomorrow!"

I called out, "Okay! Enjoy your time with dad!"

Then they drove off. I watched them until the limo disappeared from sight. I'll be okay. It's just mom... Just mom. I sighed, well at least next month Mitsukuni and I go to America. He'll get to meet dad. I smiled and went back into the house.

———

I sat at Mom's desk. I gently fiddled with the hem of the black thigh-length skirt I had on. I felt the oppressive air and silence surrounding me. Mom finally commented, "Your brothers come back next week."

I nodded, "Yes, on Monday." Then the silence loomed again. Why did she want me here? It can't just be that.

She pulled at some papers, "There are some proposal papers for you."

I furrowed my brow, "Mom, you know I'm in a relationship. I've been with Mitsukuni for years, I'm happy."

She rolled her eyes, "You need to learn this little relationship was just a part of high school. You need to follow the traditions so..." She shoved the papers across the table at me, "Sign the papers."

I looked at her anger flaming up inside of me. I replied, "No, mother. I'm not signing to be married to..." I glanced at the paper for a moment, "To be married to Hanta Yano. I don't think you get part of being in love with someone."

She glared at me, "Autumn, sign the papers or leave."

I shrugged and stood up, "I'll go pack my bags. Don't worry I'll leave when my ride arrives."

I left her office and went to my room. I picked up my phone and called Mitsukuni. After a few rings, he picked up. He responded, "What is it, Sun?"

I replied, "Can you have one of your family limos come pick me up?"

He let out, "Why? What's wrong?"

I sighed, "My mother just kicked me out." I went into my closet. Silence hung on the phone. I grabbed my suitcase out of the corner. I also grabbed my backpack I had came with. I then grabbed the grey duffel bag I had got for a trip senior year.