Endangered Part 1

The Green Lion returns to the ship and the Paladins immediately return to the Bridge, Shiro orders, "Pidge, scan the download from the ship. Find out where Zarkon's central command is."

"On it."

"What happened? Where's Allura?" Coran asks.

"They captured her. She sacrificed herself to save me and the information. I didn't have a choice."

"How is that possible?"

"Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong. We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?"

"Guys, look at this," Pidge brings up Zarkon's Central Command on screen.

"Look at the size of it!" Coran gasps.

"I think we should go in right away. Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us," Pidge says.

"I agree. We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust off our hands, and walk away," Lance offers his two cents.

"Um, do you guys not remember the Balmera? We could barely take out one fleet. But this... a base this size could hold a thousand fleets!"

"Or maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all. Think about it. We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy," Keith clenches his fists, hating what he says, but fearing losing anyone else.

"Keith, that's cold, even for you. What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me, would you? Would you?" Hunk asks, everyone else watching Keith sadly.

"I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a paladin," and a gladiator, which goes unsaid between him and Shiro as they share a look.

"No, you're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!" Lance rebukes, emotions overwhelming him.

"Okay, we're all upset because we lost Allura," Pidge tried to pacify them.

"No, Shiro lost Allura!" Coran accuses.

"Okay, okay! This isn't helping. We can't just sit here and bicker like this," Hunk tries to calm everyone.

"Let's focus. How are we going to get Allura?" Shiro tried to get the team to focus.

Meanwhile, in Galran Central Command, Allura is imprisoned and retrieved by Haggar and two Druids.

Back with the Paladins, they are all working hard to plan a way in.

"Anything?" Shiro asks.

"There's just no way in. They'll have us tracked from every direction," Lance tells him.

"There's gotta be something. Keep looking," Shiro turns to Coran, "I know you're worried about her. We all are. I'm sorry I let her slip away."

"I know it's not your fault. It's just... I've already lost so much. I can't lose Allura, too."

"We'll find a way to get her back. If there was just a way to get close to Zarkon's ship unseen..."

"Wait a tick. I think I've got a way."

At Galran Central Command, Haggar and the Druids bring Allura to Zarkon.

"Princess Allura."

"You monster! You destroyed Altea!" Allura rushes him in her anger, but Haggar appears in front of her and uses magic to stop her in her tracks, "Voltron is going to put an end to your empire!"

"No, it will only make me more powerful. Your father knew that as well as I. That's why he led me to believe he destroyed it all those years ago. But now, your new paladins will come for you, and they will deliver Voltron to me and, with it, the key to unimaginable power."

The Paladins have now concocted a plan, not knowing Zarkon's is well aware of what they are planning.

"Everyone, eyes front. We've got a plan to get Allura. We're going to jump to the heart of the enemy, unseen and undetected," Shiro says.

"I thought we needed Allura to open up a wormhole?" Pidge asks.

"It's true that Allura powers the Castle's ability to travel through wormholes. However, I think we have enough of her residual essence stored in the system to make one jump. We'll hide the Castle here, inside one of these giant gas planets in Zarkon's command system. The gas is so dense, we'll be hidden," Coran explains.

"From there, we'll use the Castle to scan for Allura on Zarkon's ship and attack before Zarkon knows what hit him," Shiro finishes.

"There's only one hiccup. We have enough energy to wormhole in, but, without Allura, we won't have enough energy to wormhole out."

"It doesn't matter. We're not leaving without her."

The Galran commanders meet with Zarkon sin preparation of the Paladins' attack.

"Sire, allow me to send my fleet to protect the command system. I will stop Voltron before it can get close," Prorok says.

"You will do no such thing, Prorok. We will allow them inside our perimeter," Zarkon orders.

"Once in, they won't get out," Haggar continues.

"Ready all fleets. On this day, the paladins will be destroyed, and I will have Voltron."

The Paladins finally wormhole into the gas cloud.

"We're here," Shiro says.

"I'm detecting Allura's energy signature. From this distance, the signal's pretty weak, but she's somewhere in Zarkon's main ship," Coran informs them, showing it on screen.

"Gives us a starting point," Keith holds back a growl at the ship.

"Once we get closer, we'll be able to narrow down the location where the Princess is being held."

"Okay, guys, this is it. Voltron is going to come in fast and without warning. We'll smash our way into Zarkon's ship and grab the Princess. Before they know what hit them, we'll have the Princess and be on our way," Shiro summarises the plan.

The Paladins head to the lions, but Shiro stops Keith.

"Are you going to be okay?" Shiro asks, resting a hand on Keith's shoulder.

"I... I don't want to lose anyone else..." Keith admits.

"You won't. We will all get out of this," Shiro squeezes his shoulder in reassurance and, when he receives no response, heads to his Lion.

"How can you be so sure?" Keith mutters to himself.

"Momma? This one look real bad," Little Keith tells his mother.

"Little one... I need to do this so we can get out of this," Krolia smiles, petting his hair.

"But I dun wanna lose you!" Keith pouts.

"You won't. We will get out of this."

"How so sure?" Keith asks, cocking his head slightly to the side.

"Because I have you to come back to."

Keith ran into his mother's arms, "I love you, Momma."

"I love you too, my little lion."

This was the third time they had done this. The third time Krolia faced a deadly opponent like this.

The third time, she didn't come back.

They might not come back...