Extreme Excavation Part 1

A/N
Sorry about this late chapter. I just want to say I'm going away for NCS so I won't be updating for 4 weeks at least but I will be back. Eventually. Like always.

"Haxus! I want whoever's in this ship found and terminated!"

"Commander Sendak, I've received a transmission generating from somewhere inside."

"There's not much time before they get the ship running again. You must shut off the particle barrier so we can get in," Allura's voice says.

"You got it. Tell me what to do," comes Pidge's voice.

"The particle barrier generator is beneath the main hull," Allura is heard to reply.

"She's telling the intruder how to take down our defenses," Haxus sounds almost offended.

"Yes, but she's also giving away his location. Find that room. Kill the paladin. Repair the engine. Emperor Zarkon has commanded us to bring him Voltron. This ship will rise before day's end," Sendak replies.

Meanwhile, Hunk and Coran whimper.

"Okay, don't come any closer! I don't know how to use this very well. Wait a minute. You're not Galra," Hunk realises, calming down slightly.

"Nor are you," the female alien gasps.

"A patrol! Shay, we must take leave from these ones, now," the male alien beckons the female.

"Wait, please! We need your help. If the Galra find us, they'll kill us," Coran says.

"Or torture us."

"Or keep us as some sort of creepy pet to play with how they please."

"Not our problem, Hairy Lip. Galra see us near you and they kill both you and us. Shay, exeunt!" the male says.

"No! These many years only Galra have been seen here. I will not turn my back on the skylings," Shay refuses.

"Vex! Grab a side," the male grunts, "In here. Hurry!"

"Thanks for saving us. I'm Hunk."

"Shay. And this one, my brother Rax. How did you fall to us?"

"Well, we came looking for something. And you guys might be the right people to help us find it."

Meanwhile, Allura asks, "Pidge, have you made it to the generator room?"

"I'm in. This technology is so advanced, I don't know if I can figure it out."

"Yes, you can. The lives of your fellow paladins are at stake. You can't give up."

Pidge's brain decides that now it should flashback and her dad says, "Hope you enjoy this home-cooked meal, Matt. After our launch to Kerberos tomorrow, we'll be eating freeze-dried peas for the next two months."

"Don't lie. I know you love those peas, Dad," Matt says.

"It's true. Those Garrison chefs really know how to genetically manufacture a delicious vegetable," Mr Holt says.

"I wish I was going up with you guys," Pidge's sighs.

"Just you wait, kiddo. Something tells me that you're going to have your own crew someday. You're going to fly with them to worlds so far away, we can't even imagine. I bet my bottom dollar you're going to be part of something that makes the whole universe sit up and take notice."

Pidge's mind changes to watching the TV from behind Mrs Holt where the News Anchor says, "The Galaxy Garrison mission to the distant moon of Kerberos is missing, and all crew members are believed to be dead. The Galaxy Garrison has said the crash was presumably caused by pilot error. It is, indeed, a sad day for all humanity."