Endangered Enforcers Part 1

In the Castle, Allura stands at the Sleep Chamber console with a plate of food goo floating nearby.

"Princess, you must eat. It's been 10,000 years!" Coran says.

"I'm not hungry."

"Man, 10,000 years? That's like one thousand plus ten," Lance says.

"That's times ten," Pidge says.

"Whatever."

"I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm starving," Hunk says.

"Yeah, but you've thrown up, like, five times," Pidge points out.

"Hmm... Good point," Hunk agrees and begins eating the food goo, even continuing to eat even though he was thoroughly disgusted.

"I can't believe your civilization created such advanced technology 10,000 years ago. It must have been an incredible place," Shiro says.

"Yes, it was... but now it is gone and we're the last Alteans alive," Coran replies.

Allura mourns as Coran comforts her until she hears a squeak from her sleep pod and is happy to find four Altean mice.

"Looks like we're not the last, after all," Allura smiles but the moment was interrupted by the Castle's alarms blaring and a Galra warship appearing on-screen.

"A Galra battleship has set its tracker to us!" Coran yelled.

"How did they find us?!" Allura asked, surprised.

"I'm not sure, but I bet it's Keith's fault," Lance says

"Say whatever you've got to say to make yourself feel better... after getting us stuck on the other side of a Wormhole!" Pidge defends Keith.

"I'LL STICK YOU IN A WORMHOLE!" Lance yells at Pidge.

Lance and Pidge appear ready to fight but Shiro separates them by yelling, "Stow it, cadets! This is no time to place blame, it's time to work as a team. How long before they arrive?"

"At their speed? Oh, well, uh, carry the two... I'd say probably a couple of days?" Coran calculates using his fingers.

"Good. Let them come! By the time they get here, you five will have reformed Voltron, and together, we will destroy Zarkon's empire!" Allura says.

Hunk burps and apologises, "Sorry! Food goo."

"Princess, there are five of these Lions. How are we going to find the rest?" Shiro asks.

In the Castle's Bridge with a Crystal above, Allura stands in the center.

"King Alfor connected the Lions to Allura's life force. She alone is the key to the Lions' whereabouts," Coran informs the paladins as Allura activates the computer, opening up a map of the entire universe.

"Whoa!" Everyone yells.

"These are... coordinates. The Black Lion looks like it's in the same location as the Blue Lion," Pidge observes.

"Look at your primitive synapses firing away in their little brain cage!" Coran compliments.

"Very observant. That's because the Black Lion is in the Castle," Allura informs the paladins.

"To keep the Black Lion out of Zarkon's hands, King Alfor locked it in the Castle. It can only be freed if the other four Lions are present," Coran explains.

"As you have found, the Lions choose their pilots. It is a mystical bond and cannot be forced. The Quintessence of the pilot is mirrored in his Lion. Together, they form something greater than science can explain," Allura explains and sends the black lion hologram towards Shiro, "The Black Lion is the decisive head of Voltron. It will take a pilot who is a born leader and in control at all times, someone whose men will follow without hesitation. That is why, Shiro, you will pilot the Black Lion."