Effortless Entertainment Part 2

At the Galra Empire's Central Command, the Galra commander who captured Shiro and chased the Blue Lion kneels before Zarkon.

"You have returned early. Did you complete your mission?" Zarkon asks.

"Sir, the moon's crust became unstable. Staying any longer would have cost half my crew," the Galra Commander replies.

"Hmm, perhaps, but the half that survived would have been stronger. Weakness is an infection. Better to cut it off than let it spread," Zarkon responds and Galra sentries grab the terrified Galra Commander and drag him away.

Zarkon asks without turning, "What have you and your Druids come up with to capture Voltron?"

"I have been working on perfecting something. Something that will strike fear into the hearts of any that stand against it. Voltron may have surprised Sendak, but he will not be able to overcome my creation," Haggar responds.

Meanwhile, the Paladins, except Shiro, lay exhausted on the couches of the Castle Lounge. Allura and Coran enter.

"Are we at full power on condenser number five yet?" Allura asks.

"No, still just 84 percent," Coran replies.

Allura looks happy to see the Paladins and cries, "You did it! You formed Voltron!"

"No. The shooting stopped and the particle barrier shut down, so we just flew in," Keith deadpans.

"What?" Allura cries.

"Oh, right. Uh, sorry, Princess. I had to turn off the Castle defenses to test the fire suppressors," Coran admits.

Shiro enters and asks, "What are you guys doing in here? We're not taking a break."

"Shiro's right. You should be training," Allura scolds.

"We've been training. When are we going back to Earth?" Hunk moans.

"I'm not going back until I find my family," Pidge scowls.

"Guys, there won't be an Earth if we don't figure out how to fight Zarkon," Shiro reasons.

"How are we going to fight? We can't even figure out how to form Voltron," Lance cries.

"Well, I'm not surprised. You know, the original Paladins fought hundreds of battles together, side-by-side. They were like a pack of Yalmors linked at the ears," Coran babbles and Keith giggles a bit at the Yalmors bit.

"Wow. Yeah, that's definitely not us," Lance sighs.

"During the last attack, your survival instincts forced you to work as a team, but that will only get you so far. You'll have to become a real team to have any chance of forming Voltron and then beating Zarkon next time. You should try working out on the Training Deck," Coran advises.

"There's a Training Deck?" Hunk asks.

Meanwhile

At the Galra Empire's Central Command, Haggar enters a dark cell where a strange creature is held.

"I think I have the opportunity you've been waiting for. How would you like to get your revenge against the Champion and the kit?" Haggar asks.

The creature growls and smiles.

Meanwhile

The Training Deck illuminates.

Coran clears his throat to check his microphone and says, "Two, two, one, two. Okay, listen up, guys. The Paladin code demands that you put your team members' safety above your own. A swarm of drones is about to attack. It's up to each of you to do everything you can to protect the other members of your team."