Chapter 54

Clouds were slowly drifting away across the sky pushed by a strong wind. It didn't take long when the dark gray clouds, which only made you depressed, changed places with a clear blue sky, and the sun looking lazily at you from behind the horizon. You narrowed your eyes slightly surprised by this sudden ray of light and the warmth that gently brushed your cheek.

You suddenly felt better. 

As if all your problems have become a little more... insignificant.

You smiled to yourself, looking at the policeman standing in front of you, who was noting something in his little notebook, not paying attention to your face. 

You watched him for a while, hoping he had already asked you all the questions. A bit bored and tired, you cleared your throat and said:

''... if that's all..." You started but the policeman silenced you by raising his hand, still not even looking at you. The sound of the pen scratching against the paper began to irritate you even more with every second. 

''I'm not done yet." His voice was coarse as if he had been yelling all night; the tone of it irreverent and annoyed as if you spoke without permission. "There are a few things I would like to know, but in this case, I have to take you to the police station. However, it is not possible without your parents' permission. Give me their phone number, I need to contact them as soon as possible." He said commandingly.

So first you interrupt me and now you're trying to give me orders?, you thought. He was so rude.

''I'm afraid I can't do that. I forgot to take my phone with me, and unfortunately, I don't remember their number." You lied, not even having the slightest intention of letting this man call your mother. 

It would be over! 

You didn't even want to think about what would happen if this woman found out about everything that happened to you. You preferred to create a time paradox and kill yourself in it than giving your mother's phone number to this policeman and let him call her. 

But this man remained unmoved. You instantly thought he was probably used to this type of excuse from people your age. You felt a bit stupid when you heard him sighing softly.

"But you certainly remember your address. We'll send a police car and bring her to the station. And now, please, get in the car, I don't want to waste more time.

Your heartbeat echoed in your ears, louder than anything else. You had the silent hope that the guy was just joking, but with this face of a typical bad cop, it was rather impossible. 

You felt panic slowly overwhelming you.

After all, you can't just get in this damn car and go to the police station to meet your mother. How will she react, when a police car arrives at the door? What will she say when the policemen tell her that her daughter was involved in an incident with villains? What will she do if someone tells her something like this but her daughter will be standing right next to her, listening in everything?

This couldn't happen.

You had to do something... just what? Lie to him? Hmm, nope. It was out of the question, this man looked like someone who could recognize a liar. Run? Sure. Because all these cops will let you go when you suddenly start to run into the crowd. Not suspicious at all. 

At a time like this, you could use All Might's help.

But he was nowhere to be seen. 

He was probably still inside the building, looking for some clues, something that would help track down this bastard who hurt your sister.  If you could, you would chase him by yourself, ignoring the danger. Well, maybe it was stupid, you would certainly fall into another trap, but your heart wall telling you JUST GO, yet your mind was screaming for you to stop.