Chapter 52

When you looked at her, you felt like if an invisible bullet was piercing your heart again and again. Just a few minutes ago, you watched this woman, dressed in this damn red jacket, about which you probably will dream every night from now on, took your sister's life. But, of course, when you looked at Nanami now, you saw her chest slowly rise and fall, her eyes slightly moving beneath her eyelids as if she was dreaming the worst nightmare in her entire life, which, kind of, was really happening.

You acted on the spur of the moment, you didn't even have time to think carefully about what you should say to this woman. Well, you had some sort of a plan in your mind, but it wasn't something you could trust one hundred percent. Without your Quirk, you didn't know what to expect.

You observed in silence as the woman's expression slowly changed. From surprised to amused, with that devilish and a slightly creepy smile on her face.

And then she burst out laughing.

''You're joking, right? Do you think you have any power over me? (You have nooo poweeer heeereeee - this sentence from Lotr was in my mind when I was writing this part lol) Oh no, honey, you just signed the death sentence on yourself." She said, slowly changing her position.

At that moment, you knew she was going to attack you. Every inch of her body was showing you that intention. The intention to kill. You realized that if you won't do something, you'll die like your sister before you can put your plan in motion. You had to do something. But... what?

Some people say that before you die you see your whole life like a movie. You can see it to understand what you did wrong, what you did well and whether you did everything you could and didn't regret anything in your life.

You had the same experience, but... there was no movie-like flashbacks. You only saw one scene. That day, when you trained with All Might, you remembered something he's told you. Something that has just come to you at this moment.

You have to be faster than your enemy, (Y/N).

I have to be faster.

But hand-to-hand combat has never been your strength. You preferred to stand behind and support others with your Quirk. But now your Quirk was gone, the glass was empty, and you had nothing to defend yourself, nothing except your battle skills that you have learned a little from All Might. This was the only thing you could rely on.

During one of the training sessions, All Might said that many Quirk users don't train their body at all, relying strongly on their powers. And this is their weakness. A weakness that can be easily used against them.

You wanted to believe that it was the same with this woman. At first glance, you haven't noticed anything unusual about her posture. Just an ordinary woman with a frail figure, without any muscles. She looked like someone who had never fought on the front line and, very much like you, preferred to stand aside and attack from a distance. You were counting on it. Anyway, even if it wasn't true and there was a pile of muscle under that damn red jacket, you felt it would be easier than you think. But... if you were able to somehow keep up with All Might, why would it be difficult to fight against someone who definitely had less physical strength than him?

You had to give it a shot.

That's why at the same time she was about to attack you, you moved forward, faster than you thought. 

A frontal attack is usually very predictable and easy to counter. You must surprise your enemy. 

Another thing that All Might taught you.