Chapter 17

Your mind was empty. Just a moment ago, in your head was a hundred thoughts like bees in the hive, but now... there was nothing. Just as you froze yourself in time, you couldn't move or say anything. You just blinked with your mouth wide open. All Might stared at you as if you just had committed an unforgivable crime.

"(L/N)-san. Classes are important, skipping them won't help you master your Quirk. If you are afraid of the other students..." He started but suddenly, as if someone poured a bucket of cold water on you, everything went back to normal. You could move again like if you were touched by a magic wand. You stepped back, completely forgetting the stairs behind you. You lost your balance when your left foot didn't find the ground under it. When you finally realized what happened, it was too late. You were falling.

But then...

All Might reached out in your direction, in the last minute grabbing you by your waist. When you closed your eyes, you felt him pulling you in his direction and a moment later his arms tightened around you. His embrace was strong, but at the same time delicate, as if he was afraid he would hurt you. You didn't even try to fight. Although you knew that you should, at this moment, run away as far as possible... you just couldn't. With your eyes still closed, you put your head on his chest while listening to his heartbeat. It was fast. You didn't expect it. You always thought that someone like All Might will be able to keep a cool head in any situation. Anyway, why are you surprised? His student was in danger. You could even kill yourself.

But suddenly, without any warning, you felt him leaning over you and when his warm breath enfolded you, in a whisper, straight to your ear, he said:

"Got you."

It was too much. You couldn't any longer... hold yourself back. You opened your eyes and looked straight into his. You couldn't miss his expression. Your fingers of your right hand raised and reached his face. You traced a path from his cheek to his chin and then when the warmth of his lips met the tips of your fingers, you felt goosebumps on your skin. But he...

He was not. Doing. A thing. He only stared back. With his mouth and eyes wide open. Where was your self-control now? You knew well what you just did. This cannot be explained as a mistake. You won't get out of it. If you were in his place, this situation would be clear for you. That's why still touching his face with your now shaking hand, you closed your eyes. Now you could just wait. You didn't know what to expect. Will he scold you? Will he just push you away and say nothing? It was killing you. Why you just couldn't... take this damn hand away?

It didn't even take five seconds when you felt the light touch of his fingers brushing down your arm. His hand slowly went higher up to yours. On your skin, where his fingers were touching you, you felt a burning trail. You would never even think that someone's touch can make you feel this way. What was going on with you? Now you knew why people called it "lovesick". You had the feeling as if you suddenly got a fever.

His hand finally reached yours. It was so warm. And definitely much bigger than yours. He could easily catch both of your wrists in his one hand if he wanted to. Breathe. Air. You had the feeling that your heart will just jump out of your throat. Being so close to you, he also had to feel it. How fast your heart was beating now.

His fingers clenched on yours. Slowly but firmly he pulled your hand away from his face. You already knew what would happen right now. You closed your eyelids even harder, expecting him to push you back. But it didn't come. He just let your hands drop. Why... why is he still holding it? Just let it go, you thought.

"You... shouldn't have done that." And with those words, you felt his hand letting you go. He stepped away from you without even looking into your eyes. His face... was expressionless. You couldn't even imagine what was going on in his head right now. It was killing you even more. "I think you should go."

No. No. This can't be happening! You had to do something. It cannot end like this. He didn't even know you traveled back in time. That if you didn't come up with this stupid idea to change the past ... it wouldn't happen. And you could just hide somewhere and wait until your other you will jump in time. No, you had to do something. Right now. Before it's too late.

"Sensei, wait! I... I know I did something stupid. I know I shouldn't. But... but..." You started, feeling tears running down your cheeks. "But... I'm sorry, I must tell you this. There is... something you should know."

All Might moved uneasily, still not looking at you. Although it hurt, you knew you had to continue. You were about to speak when he interrupted you suddenly:

"No, don't say anything before it'll get worse, (L/N)-san. I don't want to hear it."

Oh no, he thinks I want to..., you thought.

"No, sensei, it's not like that! I just want to..." But you didn't finish. For the first time, you heard him... raising his voice.

"(Y/N)! Listen to me and go!"

You've never been so shocked in your life. You covered your mouth with your hand and without thinking and still crying, you turned around and run down the stairs.

But when you disappeared around the corner and All Might was now alone, you couldn't hear him whispering:

"...go before I'll do something stupid."

Edit:

I realize that my English is not perfect. For all the grammatical and stylistic errors I apologize. I'm still learning.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, even though this last scene was totally unintentional. I planned to make this chapter different but... well, let's see what else will come to my mind at this hour (6 am)  Ughh I need more coffee :)