Mystery (Saix/IsaXReader)

A/N: I'm currently playing the FF7 Remake...so I might open up a FF oneshot book after I'm done with it. I plan to play the VIII remaster afterwards. I've played X and XIII in the past too, but we'll see what happens.

Also I'm trying something new here. The POV (point of view) will NOT be yours.

-----

[Y/N] held one of Isa's hands in her own. She traced circles over his palm repeatedly, humming nothing in particular to herself. With his other hand Isa was finishing up classwork. It was a normal 3rd period, right before lunch. [Y/N] wasn't finished with her classwork yet, but she insisted that she would get it done before lunch was over. She usually did this, so Isa trusted her.

From the front of the classroom Lea sat with a few of his buddies. They laughed and flirted with some of the girls in the class. Between Reno's cheap attempts and Vanitas' successful swoon-causers Lea focused his attention to the back. He saw his old childhood friend Isa sitting with [Y/N], acting oblivious to her advances. The red haired teen sighed just as the bell rang.

Around him most of his classmates gathered their things to go to lunch. Many went to the cafeteria but some would stay in the class to eat. Lunch was usually the only hour where Lea spent time with his friend Isa. He waited for him to get up and leave [Y/N]. He mentally prepared a scolding as he greeted his friend and left the classroom.

"You're an idiot." Lea's smile faded after the classroom was long gone behind them. Isa scoffed. "She's totally into you." He pointed out the obvious.

"Who? [Y/N]?" Isa questioned. "She's a friend." He tried to explain, completely in denial.

"Friend my ass. What other girls do you see playing with guy's hands like that?" Lea exclaimed. "She made you a lunch!" Lea gestured to the paper bag that Isa was holding. "She doesn't talk to any other guys." Isa remained silent.

"Nonsense." He finally said. "There's no..." Isa trailed off as he looked at the paper lunch bag in his hands.

"You should ask her out." Lea suggested.

"She wouldn't accept." Isa protested.

"Bullshit. You're gonna ask her out and if you still don't believe she's into you, then you gotta use my four-point test." Lea stood in the line for lunch. Isa stood by, but he wasn't going to get anything himself. He was there to keep Lea company.

"Four-point test?" Isa raised an eyebrow.

-----

Test #1: If she took the time to dress cute, then she's into you.

"Shit." Isa thought as he approached the park. The closer you came into his view the more he could see that you really took time in your outfit. Outside of school on any normal day you usually wore T-shirts and cheap jeans, but not today. You looked like...dare he say...arm candy.

"Hi, Isa." [Y/N] said as she rose from the bench she was sitting on. She took a moment to straighten out her clothes and adjust her bag.

Isa forced a smile. "Hello, [Y/N]." A few moments of silence passed before Isa gave a nervous cough. "Shall we go?" He suggested. [Y/N] nodded and turned on her heel towards the plaza just across from the park. Isa followed closely behind.

"Is that...is that smell her?" Isa thought.

Test #2: If she took the time to put on perfume, then it's obvious.

Isa swallowed his pride before catching up with [Y/N]'s pace. "[Y/N], is that...is that scent you?" He asked. He immediately regretted his words.

"Well that came out making me sound like an idiot."

"I mean, I am wearing perfume if that's what you're asking." [Y/N] responded. She giggled. "You're acting funny, Isa." [Y/N] then reached for his hand. "Are you nervous?" She held his hand like she would have any other day in school, but this time she laced her fingers with his. "Your hands aren't sweaty..." She pointed out.

Test #3: If she's acting too shy or if she's bold enough to make the first move...

Isa gulped. The two of them were now in front of the movie theater. They have been to movies in the past, but other people were there. It was just the two of them this time around.

"It's now or never." He thought. There was only one way to confirm your feelings. Isa opened his mouth, ready to put [Y/N] to the final test before she cut him off.

"I never thought you'd be the first one to ask me on a date." [Y/N] chuckled. "I figured I'd have to do it myself one of these days." A smile was plastered on her face.

Test #4: Get her reaction for calling it a date...bonus points if she does it first.

Isa smiled. It felt as if a relief that he never knew was there had finally been washed away.

"Me too, [Y/N]."