Danger (Xigbar/BraigXReader)

A/N: Let's just ignore what happened in KHIII for the purpose of this fic. Alright? Alright.

When I was about 14, I grew a liking to Xigbar. I was appalled with myself at first because he was one of the older characters. But Braig is just so darn cute, and I can't unsee that when he grows into Xigbar. It's like the timeskip in FFXV...older Noctis just aged like fine wine. Braig aged like fine wine. Xehanort was hot but what the hell happened. Anyways, here you go. Comment it up.

-----

[Y/N] yearned for excitement. Her whole life she had been sheltered and kept away from the dangers of the world. She would read books about adventure and action, hoping that someday she could experience the thrill that life truly had to offer.

When she turned twenty-one she had finally moved out of her parents house. She found a job at a small Moogle shop that included a small room for her to live in. The rent would be taken out of her paycheck. This was step one to a new life.

"I need you to move these boxes out around back, kupo." Your head boss tasked you with your first heavy lifting job. You wondered how the Moogles managed to move things without the help of a human before. From what you had seen, they didn't do a lot of heavy lifting.

"Sure thing." You said as you crouched down to grab the boxes. Carrying all three blocked your vision, but the Moogles directed you step by step until you were out the back door. You walked a little further until you were sure that you were in front of the recycling bin. You began to set the boxes down but didn't feel the bin.

"Shit." You said as you tumbled down with the boxes. You braced for impact and shut your eyes closed. When you didn't hit the floor, you opened your eyes to see that someone had caught you. You looked up into his eyes...well, make that eye...and stared deeply into them.

"Didn't think I'd leave you that dazed." He chuckled. He helped you to stand back up straight then picked up the boxes filled with recyclable materials. They were scattered across the floor of the alley. He quickly gathered everything and threw it into the bin that was way farther than you had calculated. "Now that'll be one hundred munny for helping ya." He said.

"What?" You said. You had finally snapped out of your daze from the handsome man. He chuckled at your reaction and walked closer to you.

"Kidding! Stay out of trouble now." He said as he walked out of the alley. You stood there dumbfounded as you tried to recall what had just happened.

A hot guy saved you from falling them did your work for you.

"Wait!" You called, but he was already too far by now. You sighed and kicked the recycling bin lightly. You walked back into the shop and the Moogles instantly took notice of your sour mood.

"Hey, if it was too much then take them one by one next time, kupo!" Your boss said. You shook your head and assured him that it was your fault. "Well, if you could take the front counter for me now, that would be great, kupo!" He called out. You nodded your head and put on your apron. You heard the front desk bell ring.

"Coming!" You called as you tied the last strings on your apron. You walked forward to the counter as you tied your hair into a bun. You looked up and let your hair fall as you locked your eyes with his.

"You called?" He said. You felt your face instantly turn red.

"I, uh...you heard me?" You stammered out. He began to laugh...hard.

"Pretty sure the whole block heard you. Were my looks that dashing to you, you couldn't help but call back out to me?" He adjusted his eyepatch and smirked at you.

"I...yes..." You said. He chuckled some more before getting your attention.

"There's a bar down that way. Meet me there after your shift." He smirked then walked away without waiting for an answer.

A bar. You've never been to one in you life. How were people supposed to act in one? Was this a good first date spot? Was this a date? A million more questions ran through your mind throughout the rest of your shift.

When it was finally time, you decided to wear the most daring thing in your closet. A short dress with no sleeves. Your father would have freaked out if he knew you owned this. You smiled, knowing that this would be a night you wouldn't forget.

Wait, it was nighttime now. Did he expect to wait that long for you? What if he had left by now? You rubbed your temples as you convinced yourself to finally go.

You walked down the street as your sandals made no noise against the ground. You wished you owned a pair of heels. You approached a bar and slowly walked in, hoping it was the right one and he would still be here. You looked around until you spotted your unnamed man sitting in a booth. You walked over and sat down. He seemed to be lost in thought.

"Hi." You said, waking him out of his daydreams. He looked up and smiled at you.

"Thought you'd never show up." He whistled to the bartender and gave him some sort of gesture. He soon came to your table with a glass of what you hoped was water. You took it and sipped it gently. "It's safe ol' H2O, promise." He chuckled. You set the glass down as your cheeks became red.

"I could tell you're new to this. Lemme guess, daddy didn't let you do much?" You slowly nodded your head as your eyes stared into your lap. "Wanna have some fun?" He asked.

"What do you mean by fun?" You asked. He handed you a roll of toilet paper and smiled.

"Innocent fun."

-----

"I can't believe we did that!" You said as the two of you ran away from a house. An old man was yelling at the two of you as you escaped down the street. You snorted as you looked back to see him trying to take some toilet paper off of his house with his cane.

"You sure missed out on a lot." The man then picked you up and jumped. Your breath became caught in your throat as you realized he had just jumped onto a rooftop.

"How did you...?" You asked.

"Practice." He smirked. He then looked out to the moon.

"What's your name?" You asked. He smiled a bit, but didn't turn to face you.

"Braig."

"I'm [Y/N]." You said. "I can't believe we went the whole day not knowing each other's names." You admitted. He chuckled.

"Sometimes, I forget my own name." He chuckled for a short while until finally facing you. "What if I told you, this might be the last time you ever see me?"

Well it was now or never, [Y/N]. You leaned forward and kissed him. You struggled with yourself as you tried to decide whether or not to slip any tongue into the kiss. You weren't very sure how it would work, besides the horrible descriptions from books you had read. In the end, you decided to go for it. When you finally forgot how to breathe you pulled away to catch air.

"I didn't think that was in you." He smirked as he looked to you.

"I'll have you know, I'm filled with plenty of surprises and danger." You smiled. The two of you locked eyes before bursting into laughter.