Something dark this way comes..

"Run̸ away fro̸m̸ me."
••• ••• •••

•••
Guide 101 for identifying if a Mobian is possessed by a Shadow:

•Is the Mobian looking paler or gloomier than usual?
•Have they become emotionally unresponsive?
•Do they lash out towards friends and family?
•Do they tell you to get as far from them as possible?
•Have they attempted murder?

If you've answered yes to all of these, we suggest you run. Far away. Go.

RUN.
•••

This is Dark working her magic early in the story, before she could even be considered a hero.

Back when she was a villain.

Shadows are most effective from the beginning. When the victim has no idea of what's happening, where they can be put in a state of hypnosis as the body is taken over.

Dark was no different with Ariana.

A Shadow possessed Mobian will begin acting off.

Total seclusion from the outside, remaining eerily quiet, and snapping when they get interrupted from an activity.

Physically, they'll look paler or seem like they haven't slept for days. A lazy or slouched posture. Their fur color will begin to turn black. Their eyes lose their shine. [Upper Image.]

When a Shadow has learned enough from its environment and the Mobian, it will strike. They begin to attack the Mobian's family members or friends in a rage or in a secretive manner, though the former was usually the way to go.

The Shadow allows for the host to gain momentary conscience, allowing a final thought or warning to come out before completely taking over. [Middle Image.]

Unfortunately for Dark, her first (and one of the most successful) attack was thwarted by something unexpected.

Sonic.

She didn't expect that both of the twin's bond would be strong, as they had just spent one month together. But she was wrong.

After a tough battle, Sonic managed, with extreme difficulty, to pull Ariana out of her hypnosis state and fend off Dark.

After this, Dark tried her hardest to get rid of the blue blur first, even when it seemed futile to attempt.

•••

I started working on this piece since I was listening to old 'edgy' songs and because I had wanted to work on the possession topic a bit further.

Instead of making it cringy and OP like in previous roleplays when I was younger (save me), I wanted to make it realistic to the nature of Shadows.

The possession isn't a 'oh it's a regular Tuesday" kind of thing like I did in the past.

Even with their aggressive nature, Shadows are smart. They won't pop up frequently if everyone is on guard.

This is also a reminder for me and for others, that even though Dark is a revamped villain, she's not good.

Even if she seems nice, in her core is pure evil.

A joy for murder and suffering of others.

•••
Let me know what you all think :3

•••Let me know what you all think :3