Drowning theme intensifies

I guess this classifies under the first angsty drawing of this book!

Woo! XD

Ariana may be the daughter of the waves but the Mobian has spent all of her life on land, thus causing her not to completely develop all of her abilities nor even be aware of her full capabilities.

Ariana has always referred to her powers as being artificially given, since it was Eggman who gave her water powers.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

The doctor only forcefully awakened her powers via science, causing her fur to turn into a lighter blue. She's always had water genes.

Being able to breathe underwater was one of the first abilities the young hedgehog discovered she could do, but since she habits the land, it's never evolved.

Breathing underwater is as simple as Ariana just jumping into the water and breathe. She consciously alters her body to allow her lungs to behave like gills.

This can only happen if she's conscious.

If she's dropped into a body of water while she's unconscious it's highly likely that she'll drown if no one rescues her. Even if she wakes up gasping for air, a lot of damage has been done.

Electricity is also a big factor in her powers, as she'll grow weak from a couple of zaps. She won't have the energy to alter her lungs if she's thrown in the water whilst being affected or bound to an electrical source.

She's also affected if she's suddenly dropped in extremely warm water or freezing cold. The Mobian needs to slowly transition from temperature to temperature or it won't work.

This is especially true in cold water, as she'll just go into a cold shock.

Sleeping underwater is not an issue for her, although since she's always woken up before she can fully fall asleep she's left extremely drowsy.

The only way she can train her body to be able to breathe underwater unconsciously is to live in the ocean for many years, something Ariana won't do because all of her friends and family are on land.

Most of these problems can go away if she trains hard. She can train to be able to jump directly into any temperature water and train to be a bit more resistant to electricity, even if that weakness will never fully go away.

However, she's seen no need to live in the water, causing her to be disconnected with her element of water and become more attached to the wind, something her brother has completely attached himself to.

"I am a child of the wind, but I am the daughter of the waves."
~Ariana the Hedgehog

((I had to erase many things to open up storage space in order to finish this drawing.))

((Rip me.))

))