𝙂𝙍𝙀𝙀𝘿 ⁰⁵˙²

( in which her wings start to spread but the take off doesn't work the first time )

"𝑺𝑶 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑰𝑺 Oikawa?" Somi asked as her eyes wandered around the Seijoh gym

"He's picking up his cousin from this volleyball training thing." Iwaizumi pushed the ball cart by the net and looked expectingly towards the girl. "Show me what you got."

"now?"

Iwaizumi just hardened his glare at her and she stepped back into position, ready to spike to ball. His eyes raced over her form thinking a multitude of things about how she would be able to play and amongst those thought, 'she's kind of cute' was one of them. He smirked as she looked towards him with determination. Without a warning, he set the ball and her feet picked up and off the floor soaring in the air. Her eyes followed the ball and with a single motion, a crack followed through in the air. The ace was in awe as he watched the girl descend back onto the floor.

"Okay, be honest with me." He looked towards the ball rolling away on the other side of the court. "Do you really even need our help?"

"There's always room to improve isn't there?" She smiled.

Her shy persona was stuffed away as she got comfortable with the cute wing spiker, with volleyball she was relaxed because she knew the sport and with others she knew that they could understand her passion. He went over how the ball definitely had power but she needed to improve on precision and control of the balls course, with that mastered she would be a threat. They parted and went back to their positions.

"Now you're focusing on the ball too much. You're too focused on what to do with the ball when you're in the air that you're forgetting to jump at full height." He criticized as the ball fell sloppily in the front of the opposite court. "For a small person you jump higher thank i thought you would."

"I heard that!"

The next set went up but it was short and just out of reach for her right hand. Iwaizumi was about to call out an apology and tell her he'd set again but her form changed quickly and this time her left hand smacked the ball down. The stinging sensation numbing her hand, a smile laid satisfied on her face.

"You're ambidextrous?!"

"You're not?" She smiles cheekily as she retook her position.

"Okay, definitely a double threat. Receiving and spiking, what else can you do?" He held the volleyball in his hands as she approached him.

"I can set." Although her tone was playful and light, the Seijoh student didn't doubt that she had that trick up her sleeve as well.

'Triple threat indeed.' He mused.

"Iwa-Chan~ Neko-Chan~ ! Starting without me?" Oikawa had set down his gym bag and jacket, prancing over to the pair by the net.

"Hurry up, Trashykawa." Iwaizumi settles for the less vulgar version, the small female preventing him to go fully aggressive at the brunette boy. "She's setting."

"Ah, I'm ready to hit some!" Oikawa stretched his arms and warmed himself up. He then gave a thumbs up and readied himself parallel from the ace.

Somi threw the ball up and looked towards oikawa, the ball was coming down and she angled her hands to toss it. Both the setter and spiker approached the net and she bent her elbows, the ball moving towards the boy. His hands slammed the ball down in the other side of the court.

"Kittyyyyyyy, I thought you were passing it to me!" Oikawa groaned as he leaned his head back, he really thought the ball was coming to him.

"Well, on court sometimes there are people who guess where to block and they base it off of body actions or single glances." She imagined Tendō smirking down at her. "If I ever do have the ability to play as a setter then I don't want to be readable."

"You're smarter than you look."

"Be quiet."

꒰ ⏳ ꒱ ramen shop ☆ ࿐ ࿔

"Please!"

"No, you're gonna be quiet and let me do this!"

"Please, O-Oikawa!"

"I'm not listening."

"I- Iwaizumi, p- please!"

"no!" Both boys said at the same time, staring the girl down. Somi relented and stuffed her money back into her bag. Grumpily, she stuffed her mouth with noodles and pouted, both Seijoh boys smirking lazily as they ate their own food.

"So how'd you get that black eye yesterday?"

"nothing really, just trying to help a friend." Iwaizumi and Oikawa looked between eachother and looked back at the seemingly unbothered girl.

"Kitty! Tell us about your family!" Oikawa had leaned forward on the table, his chin in his hands and his smile plastered on his face.

"Well I live with my dad, I don't have any siblings. I don't really have any other relatives now that I think about it-"

"Oh! What about volleyball?"

"Well as you know I used to play libero and I'm assuming you saw some sort of video that had my last match. My dad trained me so I'm a pretty flexible player but with my height going on mid air combat kind of scares me but it's fun. I just rather stay in the defensive."

"What ab-"

The table was covered in sudden silence. The two boys looked up and behind Somi to see one of their worst rivals on court. Feeling the tension and the looming presence behind her, Somi sat up straighter and before she could turn around, a familiar voice had spoke. The deep rumble in their chest intimidating her from just behind.

"You should've come to Shiratorizawa."

It looks like the blue castle had a group of eagles flying over their heads.

(A/N! hey guys! This chapter isn't all that good but I'm waiting for the training camp ark because I can fit in a lot of stuff there, including fluff ;) I'm sorry that it took a longer time to write and that it's really short compared to the others but the next chapter will come out soon!)