49: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

The man approached him precisely and when he is in arms length, he grabbed his neck and have no intention of letting go. The man wriggle his body, in attempt to break free and then pull out a dagger to stab Joseph's wrist however he lost his strength soon after from the lack of air.

"Using my comrade's blood, you ev-"

Then he is gone. Joseph who been enduring his fury all this time snapped the mans head out of his body.

"Evil? You guys did it first."

Joseph's glowing red eyes blended well with his blood covered armor. He used one of the dead body's blood to attract the last remaining foreigner. He thought he might fail if they have a mindset to forget your own comrade and just save yourself, but in order for these foreigners to last to their monstrous pursuit, if not magic, then these guys should have some sort of medicine or potion to make themselves tireless. Which Joseph and his knights confirmed after searching on the ones they had killed.

Joseph calmed down.

"The diamond seal's order is no joke."

He was planning to play around this mission, he was thinking of making Benjamin anxious and not finishing the job right away.

His plans were to kill one each night then leave his knights here in order to make sure the foreigners could not ran away, then he goes back to Spade to be at the breakfast table and do some work while making Benjamin crazy and making him beg for Joseph to finish right away.

It was a good plot of revenge, but the little diamond bearer ruined it. As a king and a knight, the power of the diamond seal is impeccably and unavoidable.

Joseph approached the passed out little girl. He gently uncovered the cloak covering her and sighed in relief.

It is not his daughter.

This is the other reason while he have to finish this right away. When he saw the group with this little girl, his fury exploded right that instant. The group might was trying to make a deal with them in exchange of the girl but when he cannot contain his aura, they understood that no such deal will happen and they spread out like little cockroaches.

"Bring this girl to the prime minister. Treat her gently, she is a seal bearer. Tell that man that I will be back after taking care of some stuff in Spade."

"Sire, should some of us come back with you?"

"No need, just protect that girl, going back by myself will be easier too."

And just like that Joseph disappeared in the darkness.

....

Benjamin came down from the Emperor's room. He tried to slip away as early as he can so there are only few knights who will see him coming out of his father's room.

"Seriously the stress will kill me, I really need a vacation."

If he really needs one, he should do a short one before the war breaks in.

"I should snatch Kaleid from Spade so that I have a snack and tea maker."

He jokingly commented but he knows that even if he does take a break, everything will still at the back of his mind.

"Ah... I want some good news for a change."

"Your grace!"

"Oh! Sir Alfred! How was your mother, or should I say father, the Duke of Leo?"

"Good morning to you your grace, the Spadian knights had been waiting for you." The young lad ignore his superior unnecessary greetings.

"Oh! Good work! Seriously I will kiss them one by one if they finished their mission!"