Chapter 15 ~ Sophie POV

A/N: Before you read this chapter, I just wanted to apologize for not updating. I've been going through some stuff and I had zero motivation to write so I literally had to force myself to write. I truly appreciate your patience with me as I update this story. As you can see from experience I'm terrible at keeping these kinds of promises 😬 all of that being said I hope you have enjoyed this story so far! There's still much more to come and I'm excited to show you guys!

Sophie leaned into Keefe's shoulder, trying to stifle the tears that were already flowing down her cheeks.

There was still time. They could fix this.

Once she had collected herself enough to think more clearly, she pulled away from Keefe, coming back next to Luka, who was still doing chest compressions.

Wiping the last of her tears away, she used the last of her mental strength to push herself into Fitz's mind, trying to find any remnants of his consciousness.

Fitz? She transmitted into the scattered oblivion.

Fitz... please come back to me.

For a few horrifying seconds, there was no response. Nothing left of the golden boy.

Then his consciousness stirred so weakly she was afraid she imagined it.

Sophie? His mental voice slurred.

Fitz! You're alive!

His mental voice darkened. I'm not Fitz anymore, Sophie. I am Wonderboy.

If it were at any other time Sophie probably would've laughed at his use of Dex's old nickname, but in that moment all she cared about was getting Fitz back to normal. She wanted him to open his beautifully teal eyes so she could know for sure that he was alive.

Before he could say anything else to remind her of the villain he just was only a few minutes ago she severed their mental connection, noticing how Marinette's eyes had trained on Fitz's cognate rings. Instead of the usual silver they were completely black, making it clear that the rings were the akumatized item.

Marinette took them off and stomped on them, releasing the akuma and throwing her yo-yo into the sky.

"Of course... how could I forget?" Marinette smiled, "Using the miraculous ladybug charm will put things back to normal, so Fitz should be ok now!"

Just as Marinette said, the swirling clouds above them dissipated, the damage was undone, and Fitz opened his impossibly teal eyes.

"What... happened?" Fitz sat up, looking around and taking in his surroundings until his eyes trained on her. "Sophie? Is that really you?"

"Yeah, it's me, Fitz." She wasn't sure how to respond or how to act after everything that had happened. On one hand she was so relieved he was alive, and on the other hand... she was scared. It wasn't just the Neverseen anymore. There was the Pappilon to worry about now and she didn't want any more near death scares with people she cared about.

Fitz's eyes trained on the blond boy behind her. "Keefe? Is that you?"

Keefe offered a sad smirk. "Hey, Fitzy. I always knew I'd be the end of you." Though he tried to cover it up with his joke, Sophie could still see the guilt clouding his ice blue eyes.

"Well, you weren't. I'm still alive."

"Thanks to Luka," Marinette chimed in.

"No need to thank me," Luka added before Fitz could say anything, "I'm always here to help a friend."