𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏𝟕

Start from the beginning

Astrid sat down beside him and sighed as she explained, "Master Kenobi and I bought your pod racer. It's waiting out front." She cast him a teasing look as she added, "You're welcome."

But his frown only deepened. "Why didn't you wake me to come with? Even though I used to build my own pod racers, I know the best places to buy one."

Astrid shrugged nonchalantly, figuring it was best that Anakin didn't know Obi Wan's real reason for not bringing him along-- so that he wouldn't have to visit his old master's shop and beg for a pod racer. Astrid had a feeling Obi Wan's reasoning would not sit well with Anakin. 

Instead, Astrid replied casually, "You took everyone's shift last night. It only seemed fair to let you sleep in a little, and we might as well have done something useful with our time while we waited, so we got you a pod racer." 

"Well, you didn't have to do that," Anakin replied in a low voice as he absently tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. 

Astrid couldn't help but glance at his mouth as she realized how close they were sitting. His shadowed eyes flicked up to her face, and there was yearning swirling in his blue eyes.

Astrid sucked in a breath. 

Anakin brought a hand up as if he was going to touch her face, but he stopped just short. He swallowed, and it was then that Astrid could feel his nervousness through the Force. He began to lean forward, his eyes dipping down, and Astrid eyes fluttered closed as--

They were interrupted by the sound of Artoo's panicked beeping, and Astrid quickly sat up as she twisted towards the astromech lingering near the door.

A moment later, she sensed a presence-- Obi Wan's presence-- in the hallway, and Astrid bit off a curse as she quickly leapt from the bed. Anakin sat up from the bed, having also sensed Obi Wan's presence, and he straightened his clothes.

Astrid noticed Anakin's mused hair, and she quickly ran her hands through it as she tried to fix it (even though he had just woken up, so it was technically okay if his hair was tousled Besides, it wasn't as if they'd actually done anything).

 He batted her hands away and hissed quietly, urgently, "Stand on the opposite side of the room!"

Astrid fled his side towards the opposite side of the room, and right as she settled into place, casually leaned against the wall opposite of Anakin's bed, the door creaked open. "Astrid? Anakin?" Master Kenobi asked, peeking his head in.

"Hey," Astrid replied, and her voice wavered slightly. "I was just explaining to Anakin that we left him so he could sleep in, but he seems to be a little upset."

Anakin shot her a look before he quickly arranged his face into an annoyed expression. He crossed his arms over his chest as he remarked, "I wanted to pick out my own pod racer. I've never had the opportunity to buy my own."

Astrid rolled her eyes as she stifled a laugh.

Master Kenobi only shook his head unamusedly. "Well, the pod racer is waiting out front for your modifications." 

Anakin grinned as he stood from his bed. "Perfect," he replied as he brushed past Obi Wan and quickly slipped out the room.