Part 7 "News are the worst"

Start from the beginning

"There was no reason to, everything was perfect" Luke adds. After another minute of just silence surrounding the room and you decided to make a suggestion since this wasn't very pleasant.

"Guys let's eat and then we can think about it" you say softly. The others' gazes follow you as you enter the kitchen. They quickly come round and you eat together in silence, someone would only speak if the wanted another person to pass them something from the table.

***

Louis got the brilliant idea of turning on the TV after he finished. Since he was done eating first, you could hear the TV from the living room.

"We're back to the hidden world ladies and gentleman. In the last two days we've searched the whole peninsula and found a village that looked like it was abandoned not too long ago. There has been more and more information that we can't read unfortunately. There's also a new species we've discovered, it doesn't have a name yet, but it looks like a human turned inside out, truly gross. It's been found in a tunnel, two of them actually. Unfortunately they killed a few of our men, but we managed to capture them. They will be sent to the main Sydney lab to learn more about them-" .

"They found the lickers" Sierra chokes on her food almost.

"If they get loose there will be a chaos" Calum panics. Everyone gets up from the table since you were almost finished anyway and join Louis on the couch.      

"-They aren't unfortunately the things that made those giant claw marks. We still haven't discovered that species. You would think they wouldn't be able to hide well because of their size, turns out not. That's all for today folks-" and then Louis turns the TV off.

"So now they know about them...awesome" Michael groans.

"Good thing they can't read our ancient language" Luke sighs.

"When did you learn it?" Harry asks, sounding very curious.

"When you're a kid that's the first thing you learn except walking, eating and transforming" Mali explains.

"Well, why do you talk in English then?" Liam adds and everyone shrugs.

"It's always been like that, we write in one, talk in other. I can write English of course, but I just don't" you explain. The four guys nod slowly and you hear sighs around the room, looks like everyone's puzzled.