“You’ve been so strong lately, I’m proud of you for that.” He put an arm around my shoulders.

“How much time do I have here?” I asked him curiously.

“As long as you need to make a decision.” He answered.

“Do you have any idea what happened to Will?”

“He freed himself and attacked Charlie.” I noticed he said his name with a bitter tone. “The police came in. Both you and him were taken to a hospital. He needed a transfusion and had a concussion but he is physically stable. Mentally, he is a wreck.”

He wasn’t dead or still with my father. But he probably felt pretty horrible. It wouldn’t be fair of me to abandon him, he had never abandoned me.

“Ash… I think I need to go back.” I told him.

“I think you are right.” He smiled slightly. “The road ahead won’t be easy at all. You will be mentally unstable as well. together, I know you two can overcome that. The girls still need you.”

I stood up and hugged him tightly.

“I wish you could come with me.” I said.

“I know, but I will wait for you.” He replied. “The door to the right will take you back.”

“I love you.” I fought back tears. I didn’t want to leave but I had to.

“Love you too, Rain.” He smiled. “It might not feel like it but I will always be with you. “

I didn’t allow myself to look back as I walked through the door.

The first thing that hit me was pain and a hell of a lot of it. It was everywhere, dull pains and sharp pains all over my body. The main points were my chest, my core and my knee.

I could tell I was definitely not with Ash anymore. I hadn’t felt pain when I was with him. Had I dreamt all of that? It was hard to say, but I did know I was no longer dreaming due to the waves of pain.

I heard a weird beeping sound next to me, it was high pitched. I thought it was a alarm clock. Why was I near an alarm clock?

Something rested over my mouth and nose.

What was going on? Where was I?

My thoughts went back to my pains and I remembered who had caused them. Where was Will? Was I still with my father?

The obnoxious alarm got louder and sped up. I wanted to hit the damn clock but I couldn’t risk moving.

“Rainah, can you hear me?” Bethany’s voice said, next to me. “Nurse!”

“Please, open your eyes.” Will begged on my other side.

A hand stroked my cheek and I held my breath. Was my father here? Who was touching me? What did they want?

“Will, don’t.” Bethany warned.

I hesitantly opened my eyes. I was in a hospital room. The alarm clock was actually my heart rate monitor. Needles and IV’s were hooked in my arms.

I was wearing a hospital gown with a blanket covering me. What I assumed was an oxygen mask covered my nose and mouth.

Bethany was on my right side, watching me with concern. Her normally tight bun was coming undone. Her eyes were puffy and she appeared incredibly tired.

Will was on my left. He sat in a chair, head in his hands. His eyes were on me though. His eyes seemed darker as he stared at me. He looked like hell.