Chapter 37

The week passed quickly. Sky and Lily seemed to be comfortable living here. My father hadn’t contacted me or tried to get in the house, but that made me nervous about what he could be planning.

Bethany found me an afterschool treatment program for me to go to starting Monday next week. She told me that on my first day, I would have a physical so the people there knew how I was. We agreed that I could and should talk about my parents and mention my brother, because I was no longer in a dangerous situation, but refuse to say his name. I could talk about my boyfriend, but again, no names.

Will and I got a lot more sleep, thankfully. I got better at dancing in music. He had to stay after school a lot to organize the talent show which was next Friday.

I decided to perform something for him in the show. When I asked him if I could be in it, he said yes with no hesitation. I told him I would be keeping the song a secret. I honestly had no idea what I would sing.

It was now Friday evening and Will was driving us to his apartment. I was excited because we hadn’t really been able to kiss much recently without being interrupted.

“Do you want to stay in and watch a movie tonight?” he asked when he opened my door. We had already had dinner back at the house.

“That sounds perfect.” I smiled at him.

He held my hand when we went up the elevator to his apartment.

“You’re picking a movie.” I said. His apartment was a bit messier then normal. Piles of papers were all over the dining room table, the coffee table and the couch.

“Sorry, I didn’t have time to straighten up.” He said, sheepishly.

“It’s fine.” I told him. “What is all of this?”

“Bills and mail are on the couch. Everything else is school crap.” He explained, moving piles off of the couch. “Progress reports for every student in every class I have, notes for anyone failing and a lot of talent show stuff.”

“Wow. Any way I could help? This looks like a lot of stuff to do.”

“The progress reports and notes are done. I can do talent show things later but I might have to go through my mail at some point tomorrow.” I couldn’t tell if he was talking to me or himself until he turned to me. “I’m picking the movie?”

“Yup. Pick something scary.”

I felt bad for how busy he was. Shouldn’t he be dealing with his work instead of hanging out with me? I certainly wasn’t going to ask him that.

He picked a random horror movie and came back to sit with me. he lied on his side and pulled me to lay in front of him with his chest pressed into my back.

Halfway through the movie, I moved to lay on my back so that I could kiss him. Apparently he had the same idea because, suddenly, his lips were on mine.

The intensity of the kiss increased, I just wanted him. I knew I wasn’t ready for that though and I think he knew that to with how careful he was.

There was a bang from the movie and I jumped away from him as a reflex. I’m sure I would’ve fallen off the couch if he hadn’t grabbed me. he was laughing loudly.

I blushed. “Are you done?”

“Sorry, love.” He chuckled, sitting up. “It seems like we are done watching the movie.”

“I honestly wasn’t paying much attention.” I admitted as he turned off the television.

“I can tell, you just wanted to jump me the entire time.” he grinned.