Chapter 3: The Homo Sapien and the Chimpanzee

"Dad, I'm going for a walk!" I screamed as I grabbed my phone from my night stand before making my way downstairs.

Dad was currently sitting at the living room's couch watching a TV show about "How to Successfully Have a Sugar Daddy in 2 Hours." All he does is complain about it but somehow he still watches it every morning.

I went to the kitchen to go grab a bottle of water as dad is still interested in the show, clearly ignoring my presence. I squinted my eyes to see the television, a 70 year old man named Jared is currently interviewed saying that his looking for a teen that he can spoil.

Talk about disgusting.

I headed out towards the front door, passing dad with his eyebrows furrowed as he listens to Jared's proposal to whoever wants it. It was only then he looked at me when I started to turn the doorknob.

"What are you doing?" He asked with shock.

"Opening the door?" I answered as a question.

"Then?" He continued.

"Then I'm going for a walk?" I replied.

By now he is standing right in front of me, his eyes wide and his mouth hung open. I looked at him confused from the look in his face as he opens and closes his mouth like a fish.

"You're going for a walk." He whispered.

"You're going for a walk!" He says as his face suddenly lit up and his hands are waving at his sides.

"She's going for a walk!" He says happily, looking at Jared in the television.

"Do you hear me? She's going for a walk!" He exclaims while gripping the sides of the television.

"Oh my god, you're going for a walk." He states seriously, now looking at me.

"Shouldn't I?" I asked.

"No! You should. You totally should. Its just, you haven't left the house in so long, its surprising." He explains.

"Maybe, I should reconsider. I'll just-" I teased while slowly walking my way upstairs.

"No! God no!" He exclaimed while grabbing my arm and pushing me out of the house, slamming the door shut in my face.

"Just so you know, you won't be able to find a sugar daddy in 2 hours!" I screamed in front of the door. I just heard chuckling inside before I turned around and started walking towards the nearby neighborhood park.

The neighborhood park, also known as "El Parque de Sevilla" is a great place for families to spend time together. My family and I used to go here a lot but then things started fading the moment we found out.

Ever since then, everything changed. Images of her still haunts me till this day, if only I could just one day wake up and forget about what happened then maybe things wouldn't be so different.

The park has this open field with either trees or picnic tables in it but somewhere down it is a river that probably only I know. I found it when I was running and running after I found out something about her. The place calmed me down, I always go there whenever I'm feeling sad or even happy.

It was just like home.

I was heading my way towards the park when my phone started vibrating in my pocket and the song "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" came from it.

Lead it to Jazlyn to set that ringtone for herself.

"I need help." She says once I pressed the accept button.