Chapter 2: Satan in a Form of a 6'2 Boy

"Be nice."

Dad said as he was currently waiting for me to exit the house as I grab the other tray of cookies before closing the door behind me.

It took approximately 20 minutes of dad telling me to join him, wait no-

Dragging me to come with him after he found me in an uncomfortable position from my hiding spot since I decided to hide from my problems instead.

The only reason as to why I'm actually following him to the new neighbors is only because he promised to bake me a cake once we get back home. After hearing that, I was out the door.

"I am nice." I scowled to myself as I glared at him, shooting daggers in his back.

He also told me that this would be an amazing opportunity for me to meet new friends, most especially the daughter of the family. I just stared at him as he said that, not uttering a single word as I contemplate on my life choices.

I was brought back to the present time as dad rang the doorbell to a red door right in front of us. No movement can be heard from inside and I suddenly grinned at the realization. Dad rang the doorbell again to only receive silence in return.

After seconds, no one still answered.

"Nobody's home, I'm gonna go." I said enthusiastically while turning around. I haven't even stepped at least a one foot distance when suddenly I was dragged back to my spot, my grin fading as I glare slightly at my dad.

"Would you stop glaring at me?" Dad seethed in return.

"I would if I wasn't hungry." I replied, seething as well.

"You just ate 20 minutes ago." He exclaimed with one eyebrow raised

"Exactly." I stated.

He just shook his head and rolled his eyes at me before ringing the doorbell once again.

"I just don't understand why we're still here, clearly nobody's home." I added.

As if the gods are trying to tell me that I suck, suddenly, footsteps can be heard from inside and dad instantly straightened up his posture with a smile on his face.

"Nobody's home." Dad mocked in a girly voice.

The door opened to reveal a woman with red hair and a pair of blue eyes, her red flowy dress complimented her skin tone, she wore a pair of red shoes to go with her dress. She looks young, you would completely mistake her as a lady in her mid twenties if it wasn't for the wrinkles that appeared in her face.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, I was upstairs unpacking." She states with an apologetic smile that reveals a small dimple on her right cheek.

"Its fine, we just want to give you these cookies that I baked to welcome you to the neighborhood." Dad answered. The lady smiled at the both of us before opening the door wider, numerous boxes are scattered in the living room area.

"Thank you, would the both of you want to come in and join me for drinks?" She asked.

I looked at dad wide eyed as I secretly shook my head no but instead, he just gave me a side glance as a smirk appeared in his face before he nodded.

On a scale of 1-10, rate the betrayal.

A very eery and murderous smile appeared on my face as I look at my beloved father before following him inside the house.

"I apologize if its messy, we just started unpacking. I hope you don't mind." The lady said apologetically.

"Not at all." Dad replied.