Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I've been starring at myself in the mirror for a while after the make-up artist announced that my make-up was already done and left me alone to give me personal space.

The noseline made my nose more pointed, the eyeliner, eye shadow, and extended eyelashes highlighted my eyes which I often heard from friends that are seductive.

The more I look in the mirror, the more it makes sense when others keep telling me that my eyes takes after Papa, and most of my physical traits were inherited from Mama.

"Miss Sienna," said by the man outside the room after knocking twice. "Sorry to interrupt, but I was tasked by your father to inform you of going out there now since your birthday celebration will start any moment."

"Okay, will do." I responded.

After few second had passed, I finally stood up, then glanced at the mirror once again. I'm wearing a navy blue dress with sheer long sleeves, it's fitted in the waist part that shows my body curve and it has sparkling beads all over it. There's a feather-like details in shades of blue below my gown and the part of my chest.

The moment I stepped out of the room, camera flashes almost blinded me. Photographers Navee hired do their work professionally. Then there I saw Papa near the edge of the stair so I walked my way there carefully.

As we descended from carpeted staircase, Papa ushered me with a small smile on his face, though I know better... I know he's just going with the flow and putting up the show to people watching us. Flashes are everywhere as expected as well as smiles which I find hard to distinguish where are the genuine one.

My eyes travelled around as we finally descended on the last step. The venue is breathtakingly beautiful as expected, and I give Naveena full credits to that.

"Goodness, our debutante is so very beautiful! The genes of the Gallegos are really on the next level!" Complimented by the host of the party as I climb up the platform.

I smiled brightly and mouthed her thank you. They made me stood in the center, and she asked me some trivial questions.

"I want to thank everyone for attending today, I may not able to thank all of you one by one, but your presence means a lot to me. Also I want to thank Papa and Navee again for making this night possible."

They all clapped and I pulled up a sweetest smile I could make. I'm very happy, yet there's an emptiness I feel inside. Maybe it's because of this one person I'm wishing to greet me tonight even if it's imposible to happen?

We allotted an hour and half for dinner and socialization. Si Leigh at Blixt ang kasama ko rito sa table. Si Papa at Navee ay abala habang kausap ang mga kakilala, at si Tito Vaughn naman ay sinasama si Owen kapag may kinakausap na negosyante.

It's time for my eighteen roses, and Papa's the first one to dance with me. No one talked which makes me feel at ease. Papa's on his usual look, and the way he dances with me, I knew that things are favorable on his side.

Natapos ang sayaw namin ni Papa at nadismaya ako dahil umalis siya kaagad sa dance floor. Ang mga sumunod na sumayaw sa akin ay ang mga pinsan, kaklase, at mga kakilala... isa na roon si Vien.

On my seventeenth roses, my jaw dropped seeing Rojas who's looking good on his black tuxedo and taking steps towards my direction.

"Happy Birthday, Sienna! You look exceptionally beautiful tonight." He grinned yet I stood there and not saying a word. "I know you're surprised by my presence, but I attended your special day on behalf of my best friend."

Upon hearing his last words, I looked up to contain my tears. I know he meant Clajj by that. Maybe they had already puzzled out what happened between us.