Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Papalubog na ang araw nang umalis kami sa Vitale's Wonder. Binisita namin ang mag-asawang Vitale matapos naming maligo sa kaskad at kumain sa cottage.

Mrs. Vitale offered us to stay for a night in their humble abode yet Clajj and I both refused. Maybe he also notices that our relationship is burning which we also brought by ourselves, I mean... we can't get enough of each other's touch. Clajj aware of it, so am I.

Kanina kung hindi dumistansiya si Clajj, hindi ko talaga alam kung saan ako dadalhin ng halikan namin. It's just like I've lost the ability to control myself once he lips meet mine! We made out in the cascade earlier, and that's already the evidence of it.

Sa bahay ako hinatid ni Clajj at nag-ayos ako ng sarili bago pumunta sa bahay nina Tita. We ate dinner together and even though we were having an engaging conversation, I can feel the tensed atmosphere around Zai.

Ako ang nag-volunteer na maghugas ng pinggan at pinayagan ako ni Tita Zadie sa pamimilit ko. I am almost done with the dishes when Tita bid her good night as she will sleep early since she has plans to do for tomorrow. Si Zai ay kanina pa nasa kwarto niya at pumasok agad matapos kumain ng hapunan.

Iginala ko ang tingin sa paligid, ang tahimik pero nakakakalma. Masyado pang maaga para matulog, gusto ko sanang ikuwento kay Zai ang nangyari sa amin ni Clajj ngayong araw pero ayoko namang pasukin ang kwarto niya.

I took a deep breath before heading to kitchen and get a glass of milk. Kauubos ko lang ng gatas nang bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto ni Zai at lumabas siya roon. Her eyes immediately found mine and there goes the tense atmosphere in her presence.

"Uh, Zai, gusto mo ring uminom ng gatas? Pagtitimpla na kita," alok ko pero umiling siya at nakakrus ang braso habang naglalakad papunta sa kinaroroonan ko. "Hindi ka ba makatulog? Ayaw mo ng gatas, gusto mo ba ng tsaa?"

"Huwag ka nang mag-alok, wala naman akong gustong inumin."

"Zai..." I called his name, kinda hesitant to continue what I'll say. "Uhh— are you okay these days?"

She smiled bitterly and downed a glass of water, "Why do you ask? As if you care?"

My brows furrowed because Zai's voice hinting sarcasm. I took a deep breath and remained silent to think of the rightful words to say. "You know, I really care for you, Zai. Aside from being cousins, I'm also your friend. And if it's okay with you, you can share things that made you feel like that."

"Are you that curious? Then should I feed your curiosity without any sugar-coated words?" She's giving me that dark and slightly dangerous look. "You happened to me, Nach! Now, I'm wondering if it's fun for you, and if you've done this deliberately."

I wanted to say a thing but my mouth won't cooperate. I had no idea what she's saying but the way she looks at me feels like I've something that bad and wasn't on state of repentance.

"Oh what should I except? Of course, you'll deny it. You're observant kind of person yet you're not aware of anything and discarding the smallest possibility of your intuition." Zai laughed bitterly and eventually spat me, "Goodness, this makes me nauseous! Stop the acts, will you? You attention-seeker!"

My jaw dropped after hearing her words. What did just said? Attention-seeker? Me? When was that? Why I'm not informed? I rather want people to ignore me yet I was accused of seeking attention?

"Cat got your tongue, or you couldn't response because you know to yourself that it's true? You're taking my mother away from me! You're taking away the things that I should have and experience, instead of you replacing me even if it's not needed!" She said and it's like, no one can ever stop her now that she bursted out. "Yes, I get it, your Mama's gone and you're constantly longing for a motherly love and affection. But what you're doing right now gives me pain and made jealousy developed in me. You should know your place from the very beginning, and you should accept the fact that your Mama is gone, so stop taking my Mama's attention from me! Palaging ikaw ang inaalala, hinahanap, niyayakap, at hinahaplos sa buhok! Tirhan mo naman ako! Ako iyong tunay na anak, e, pamangkin ka lang naman, pero parang ikaw pa ang mas matimbang kesa sa akin!"