Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"Hindi mo na ako kailangang ihatid pa sa amin, Owen." Marahan kong sabi nang tuluyang na kaming makalabas sa airport.

Lumingon siya sa akin matapos niyang ilagay ang mga gamit niya sa compartment ng kaniyang BMW. Kumunot ang noo niya, "Ano'ng ibig mong sabihing hindi? It's my will to take you home. I wanna make you sure you're safe."

I could see determination in his eyes. Mula ng lumapag ang eroplano ay nakadikit na siya sa akin, hindi ko alam kung ano ang trip niya. Bumuntong-hininga ako at nawalan na ng choice nang inilagay niya ang mga bag ko sa compartment.

"Wanna eat snacks? We can stop by for a while." He offered and I wanted to roll my eyes on him because he's using this card for us to stay together a little longer.

"Fine, pero drive-thru na. I'm not in the mood to enter in any restaurant and pass some time there. Kating-kati na akong umuwi," sagot ko at ang tingin ay nasa labas.

That's what we did. Burgers, fries, at drinks lang ang binili namin. Kapag siya talaga ang kasama ko, palagi niya akong pinagbibigyan sa mga gusto kong kainin kahit pa unhealthy iyon.

We reached our house and Owen's the one who opened the door for me even if it's no need to do so. He took out my things, and I insisted that the doesn't need to carry it inside since I'll ask some of our housemaid for it.

"Owen..." I called his name, making him stopped from walking. He looked back with calm expression. I took a deep breath, and found the courage to say these words... "You know, I made it very clear to you right? That we can't fix the relationship we had, and I think we both deserve to move on. To say it honestly, I don't have any romantic feels towards you, Owen. I'm sorry to disappoint you beforehand, but this wedding won't happen."

Matagal na napatingin sa akin si Owen bago tuluyang bumuntong-hininga at tumango. "Alam ko pero... gusto ko lang namang gawin ang lahat para malaya kang gawin ang gusto mo."

"Good bye, Owen. " I calmly said and stared at him for a minute before turning my back and enter our house.

Nadatnan ko si Navee na nakaupo sa sofa, hawak-hawak ang baso ng juice at matamang nakatingin sa akin.

"Good morning," I greeted her and gave a small smile. I sat on the long sofa across where she's sitting.

"Oh, what a surprise! Welcome back, anyway." She said and surveyed me from head to toe. She then casually sipped from her drink and placed it on the table eventually. "So, how's life in the province?"

"It's good. You’ll learn there when you stay for a while or even for a short period of time." I answered and glanced at our housemaid when she place a glass of juice on the side.

She smiled meaningfully and there's sarcasm on the way she looked at me. "I see that you're enjoying, kaya nga sinundo ka na ni Papa kasi parang wala kang balak bumalik."

"Papa putted me there, in case your forgot." I replied. It's my turn to look at her from head to toe. "How about you? How's life here alone with no restrictions?"

"You shouldn't have asked that one," she exclaimed and smile widely. "Of course I live my life here to the fullest, I'm free to do what I want, and Papa gives me everything I fancy."

"Good for you, then." I said flatly.

Doon umikot ang usapan namin, kung paano siya pinagbibigyan ni Papa sa lahat. Seryoso naman akong nakatingin sa kaniya habang nagkukuwento. She's my sister afterall, her happiness is also mine.

"By the way, I heard from Papa that you'll be arranged marriage to Owen. Is it true?" Her brow raised a bit.

"It's Papa who said that to you, do I still have to confirmed it?"