28. Dumped

Chases POV

This week is hectic for my Andy I just hope everything goes good, I called Miles to see if he can help me set up Thursday night and to talk to Vanessa about not fighting with Andy but he said him and Vanessa weren't fully talking and it sounded like he was frustrated so I dropped it and ended up calling my sister to help me. I keep hoping everything plans out perfect, I've been helping Andy at the shop and secretly setting things up, I know it's not a surprise party but I have something planned for her. I want her to be surprised plus I know her brother is inviting his own friends and family so hopefully it goes good.

I finally get done and I walk into the room where Andy is laying watching tv so peacefully, she still amazes me with everything she does "Hello gorgeous" I tell her and she simply smiles looking at me "Hi there" she greets me "What are you watching?" I ask her and she laughs "The little mermaid, a cartoon you've probably never bothered to see" I look at the screen and I see a little red crab lecturing a mermaid "I've heard of it just never actually watched it" I laugh and she rolls her eyes at me smiling. I sit to watch it with her, the little crab is telling the mermaid not to go off by herself and to listen to her father and just then her phone vibrates "Here we go" she sighs and I look to her "Who is it?" I ask and she types away "Remember Allison?" She asks me as she's typing away "The girl that came to the shop the other day?" She continues and I do vaguely, "Um the one who didn't know anything about her car?" She laughs "Yeah, she's been texting me, she's the girl I found Shawn sleeping with after my father passed away" she said and it didn't seem to phase her, no emotion and I feel bad but very curious on how she does that she can just turn it off. I'm still mad at the fact that someone can break my Andys heart by sleeping with someone else. I look to her again and she's focused back on the movie "Andy?" I ask and she mumbles a what, "Why's she texting you?" I ask as if she forgot we were talking and was more interested in the cartoon "Oh, she just keeps apologizing to me and I keep saying it's fine, I mean it's not entirely her fault she didn't know he was in a relationship with me" she starts and throws a popcorn into her mouth "It was forever ago so I don't really care to think about it" she slugs her shoulders "The past should stay in the past, plus I have you now!" She says so happily and I smile "You sure do, and I wouldn't dream of hurting you" I say even though I desperately want to bash this dudes head in, I calm myself and watch a bit of the movie with my Andy "Somebody's got to nail that girl's fins to the floor." The little crab says and when I look over Andy's mouthing the words, instantly I smile. As the movie kept playing my Andy started to drift off to sleep, her head on my chest and her hand around my waist, just then I felt my phone vibrate and slowly pulled it out of my pocket "Hello?" I answered the unknown call "Hello Bridges, wanna help me crack a case?" and I knew exactly who this was "Henderson, I can't I'm off the field. You know since I got shot!" I said probably a little too rudely but quietly "We need you Chase you're the only one who can crack this one, plus it's a lot of money for both of us if we bust this guy" he try's to persuade me, just then the vacation I promised my Andy comes to mind 'We could use the money' my inner voice lectures me 'Plus we need this, to get back in action!' he's taunting me and I feel her move "Send me the info" I simply say and hang up. Not wanting to wake up my girl and I continue to watch the movie.....

*Ex marine Christian Blake, Brother in-law to CEO Dylan Snapes stole around half a million from his wife (Air to Snapes industries) family business in Dallas, and left they say he's here in CO, the family is offering a HUGE reward for his capture... and the return of their money! You in? -Henderson

'Great, just great look what I've gotten into now and just in time for Andys birthday' I say to myself as I re-read the message. Thinking if it's worth it, I narrow out my pros and cons just then Andy yawns and stretches a bit from being curled up "Sleep good?" I ask her and she smiles up at me "Yes sir" sir ugh I love when she calls me that! 'Should I tell her?' Inner me is contemplating wether or not to tell her "Babe everything okay?" She asks me as if she can read my mind and I blink back into reality "Yeah just thinking" I simply say, she looks up at me with curiosity "about what?" She licks her lips after she asks and I lose my train of thought.... thinking about me bitting her lip and the things I would do to this sleepy girl "Earth to Chase" she says to me and I'm back suddenly "A case just opened up and it's a really good pay for me but I'm still deciding wether I'm gonna take it or not" I start and look to her "I wanted to talk to you about it first" I add knowing if I didn't she'd wonder why I didn't ask her "Whatever you want babe but remember what happen last time" she simply says and it gets me thinking, if I do it, I have three days to get this guy, then throw Andy her party, and still be able to take her on a mini vacation... as I'm playing all of this in my head I hear Andy get on the phone, did it ring? I ask myself and shake it off 'We've got a lot on our mind' I clarify to myself "Hey...... no it's fine" she says to whoever is on the other line "No not really I don't think,........yeah definitely but this weekend won't work" she keep talking looking at me with that cute little smile fumbling with her bra strap "Well my boyfriend is throwing me and my brother a birthday party so I won't be at the shop" she says then puts her palm on her forehead, it's so cute the shit she does when she's on the phone, I wonder who she's talking to though "Yeah Friday..... twenty nine" she says rolling her eyes and I'm just so intrigued "Sure I'll send you the information..... okay..... yeah you too bye" she finishes and let's out a breath "Who was that?" I ask her and she shakes her head "Allison, she wants to talk like get together talk" she says and just as I'm about to ask why "I invited her to the party" she says and I'm actually surprised "That's weird" I say but quickly add "But whatever you want love" just so I don't say the wrong thing I don't know this girl but then again, *Bing* my phone chimes...

*I don't think I'm gonna go to the party Friday....... Vanessa just dumped me and I don't want it to be weird. I don't know what I did man.

I re-read the message from Miles and look to Andy who's once again watching a cartoon, "Umm" I start to say and she looks to me with wonder "Miles just texted me" I start and she says and? So I can keep going "Vanessa just dumped him" I tell her and she stops everything she's doing and gets up "I'm gonna go make a phone call" she says and walks out of the room.

Andys POV

"Really Ness?" I ask her to clarify, she tells me she's gonna move and get a fresh start, she can't stay here when Miles is still in love with her?! 'I know right?' I'm arguing with her and having a conversation with my inner self 'Talent' haha 'Stop it! Listen to your stupid friend' I mentally tell my inner self "But I just don't get it! I thought you were happy?" I ask to reassure that I didn't miss anything from this morning "I was," she took a deep breath" look after you left Miles told me he wasn't gonna pressure me into anything I didn't wanna do, he loves me and if we don't get married it's fine as long as he can be with me he's happy and then he went on and on about the future and I can't do it.... One man for the rest of my life" she says and let's put a breath I blink a few times trying to figure out what is wrong with her "I don't see the problem Ness" I tell her in honesty because I really don't understand why she would leave when she's happy and he's fucking catering to her literally "Of course you don't" she says and hangs up on me 'What?!' I question myself even though I don't quite understand what the fuck just happened "Chase?!" I yell for him and he comes out of the room a few seconds later "Yes? What happened?" He says curiously "I honestly don't know" he looks at me confused 'Yes, you big strong, gorgeous God you I don't know' inner me drools "She's nuts" I simply tell him and he laughs "No I'm being serious I think she's having either a midlife crisis or she's lost her mind" I tell him and he looks to me "Everything she told me sounded normal about how Miles loved her and wasn't gonna pressure her into anything and then how she doesn't see a future with just one man I don't know" I ramble to him and he looks so lost "Maybe she's scared" he tells me and I think for a while 'Scared? She wanted the fairytale love happy ending crap, now she has it and doesn't like it?' I don't get it "I don't know..... once again" I say. I decided to drop it and let Miles fix it maybe it's something they both need to do, interfering won't help and I feel like I've done enough. "I'm just gonna let whatever happens happen, it's non of my business anyways" I tell Chase and I decide to just think of something else get my mind off things "I'm gonna go through more boxes in the garage" I tell him again and he looks to me like he's confused "Wanna join me?" I ask and he finally clears his throat and nods "Whatever you want" he tells me kissing my forehead. As we make our way to the garage he asks which box I want "Anyone I haven't been through already" I simply say placing the throw blanket on the floor so I can sit "Here you go my love" he tells me and I couldn't imagine not being happy with a man who puts me first, I shake my head at the thought and open the cardboard box instantly I smile and pull out my high school year book "So you gonna take the job?" I ask Chase as I look through the book at all the random memories "I'm not sure yet" he said kinda surprised at my question "I think you should" I start to say as I read *Have an amazing summer bitch I'll see you tomorrow at your house! -Nessa :p* I quickly add "But don't be risking your life for a job sir" so he knows I care, I know he loved his job and what he did I didn't wanna stop him from that but I didn't wanna lose him over something like that. I look to him and he simply scratches his beard and a strand of hair falls over his face "I'll make sure I always come home to you alive" he halfway smiles at me and I can't control my lips... I bite my bottom lip and he winks at me "Don't do that I get jealous" I laugh at the thought as he pulls out random Knick knacks out of the box......... maybe a vacation with this man is just what I need. He looks at the weird macaroni necklace he just pulls out of the box "Did you make this?" He asks and I laugh "Yes but I was like seven" still giggling I answer. He's slightly smiling at me trying not to laugh "So I wanna take the job but I'd have to make sure I find him before Thursday night" he tells me and I raise my eyebrows "The party isn't until the evening" I simply say so he doesn't have to rush "But I have to meet a few people before, it's a surprise love" he says so cutely.

_____________________________________________________

Thank you to my readers, it's gonna be a lot longer and more stuff to happen I'm sorry I've been so slow writing it but I promise there will be more -J