Traffic

Every car is honking while we wait. I was supposed to be at my sister's baby shower but it seemed that I'd be incredibly late. She was due soon, already in her third trimester.
As I say here I looked over at the passenger seat and realized I had the envelope. She trusted her little brother to deliver the news, boy or girl? She didn't even know, nor did her wife.

Since I was here in traffic I decided I'd take a peak, it won't do any harm. I open the envelope making to keep one eye on the road, even though it wasn't moving.

Twins. A girl and a boy. Hopefully they'll arrive on time at least.
After almost twenty minutes we're moving faster, turns out there was an accident on the road and they were having to move the two cars. It didn't seem like anyone was hurt though.
The radio was playing decent so being stick in traffic wasn't too bad.

I arrived at the house almost a whole hour late, and boy did I get an earful. From my mom, my sister, my sister-in-law, my dad, some aunt's and uncles. Everyone.

"Finally what you've all been waiting for, the gender reveal. My little brother Ethan will be revealing it, Ethan come up here."

"Sarah, I'm proud to announce this. You're having a girl." The guests arruoted in cheers but I wasn't done. "Wait wait wait. And a boy." The crowd was silent.

My sister and her wife had hands over their mouths. "Wait... We're having twins?"

I nodded my head and gave her a hug when she started crying.

"We're having twins!" She yelled.