Flower shop AU

"Hey, can I get a single rose please?" The same customer has been walking in for a whole week always asking for a single rose.

"Yeah of course. You know it's cheaper per flower to buy a bouquet right? Seen you in here the past week and it's always a single rose." I said while walking to the backroom where the fresher roses are kept.

"I know but I'm trying to prove a point. What about you? There are much better paying jobs then a florist," the, mildly attractive customer said while following the instructions on the pin pad.

"Well I just started college and needed a place to stay, the owner had a child on the way and couldn't run the shop full time anymore but didn't want to see one of the only flower shops around here close down. I get to live in the apartment above here for cheap in exchange for running the shop, plus I love flowers," I explained putting the flower into a protective case.

"Nice to know," I handed the customer his rose, "I will see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

It's been four days since the conversation and now it's tradition that he stays and talk until 4pm, but today he didn't come in at 3pm and it's how close to closing time.

I went to lock the door so that I could start cleaning up without worrying about customers, but as I got to the door I could see him running out of his car with a little girl on his hip.

"Wait wait wait! I'm so sorry for being so late," he set the girl down and let her explore the shop, "it was Addie's mom's turn to take her for the week but she forgot to pick her up from school and so I was called to go pick her up and take her to her mom's house but her mom doesn't want custody of her anymore and my mom was upset because I asked her to borrow money since I'm behind on my rent, and I'm so sorry." At the end the man was panting.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"What?"

"I can't help if I don't know your name."

"Oh... I'm Michael."

"Well Michael, I'm Lukas and if you're behind in your rent you can stay with me for a little bit, help out in the flower shop too if you don't have a full time job. Your daughter is welcome too."

"No no, I don't want to be any trouble.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. I know you pretty well and I'd love to get to know your daughter," I reasoned.

"Fine, but first I need to grab a few of her things from my apartment and some clothes."

"Okay, if it's too much trouble Addie is welcome to stay here at the flower shop," they look over to where Addison is admiring all of the flowers, "she seems to be having fun."

"Okay, thank you so much, I will be right back."

About 45 minutes later Michael was back with two duffel bags and holding something covered by a bag.

"So I was planning on doing this a better way but..." He pulled the bag off and revealed all the flowers he has bought over the past few weeks. "I know some of them are wilting but I was too shy to say anything to you until you started the conversation but the reason I came in here was because I thought you were cute."

"Hmmm..... You're pretty cute yourself. How much do you pay a month in rent?

"Uhhh... I don't know maybe $1,750?"

"Why don't you just move in with me? We've known each other for about a month now and you can help out in the shop."

"Um... Okay then. Thank you so much!! I'll find a way to pay you back."

"You can pay me back by taking me on a date to McDonald's."