This is Not How I Remember

Alya sat down and played a tape from her childhood. It was the last video her father was in before he left. After her mother's death she received it in the mail and learned it was in her mother's will.

"Hi Alya, whatcha got there?" Her dad, Kai, said.

"Space ship!" Alya yelled, "I'm gonna go to the moooon!"

"Yes you will sweetie, of course you will." Kai said a smile strechted from ear to ear.

Alya remembered this, she loved her rocket ship and even kept it to pass down to her kids. She never accomplished her goal of going to the moon but she did get two amazing kids and an amazing husband.

"Daddy, look!" She made whooshing sounds while she moved the rocket around.

"That's amazing darling," he went to say something more but got interrupted. "Honey... why don't you go get some soda from the fridge? I won't tell Mom."

Alya is out of frame and her mother can be heard walking down the hall.
"Who are you?! Why are you with my daughter?" Her mom, Lucy, was frantic. Alya didn't remember this, she doesn't even remember going to get a soda.

"Lu I can explain..."

"Get out! You aren't Kai. Get. Out."

"Lu let me ex--"

"I'm calling the cops," Lucy said grabbing the phone from it's stand.

Kai pinned her against the wall before saying something that would shock Lucy until her death.

"Kai never existed. Your daughter, she shouldn't exist. I'm the one in all your videos but there is no father to that child."

He walked out and never returned.