Chapter 3

The sun has completely rose and now only Quinton and Aaron were in the ocean.

I wasn't the best at surfing, swimming, or any water type of activity- but the ocean was my life. It was where I felt safe not to mention all my friends love the ocean. It is our second home.

I saw the boys run up to Cynthia, Avani, and I. Aaron plopped down beside Avani and Quinton lied down beside me.

Cynthia | Avani | Aaron | Me | Quinton

I studied the sky. It was beautiful almost number 1 in scenery. It would never be the same as the minute before. And you could never tell it's mood. One minute it would be bright and shiny then the next dark and gloomy.

Out of nowhere I felt a hand crawl into my right hand. I followed the movement with my eyes and it was Quintons. He had never held my hand before casually. Only if he was leading me somewhere, or we were playing games. It was weird.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered so only I could hear while moving his body close enough so our shoulders were touching.

"The Sky." I said simply cocking my head to face his.

"Mhmm" he hummed staring into my eyes still holding my hand.

I could've sworn he was leaning in to kiss me until I heard Aaron ask the group if anyone else was hungry. Honestly I was despite eating fruit before I came.

I nodded and the we all got up to head to our go to eatery. I stood up and wiped the sand off of my body. "Did I miss anywhere?" I say looking at Avani.

She walks around me and shakes her head no. I walked to my car with Quinton following behind me. I bent over to remove the stuff from the floors seat then I felt a sting in my bum. I shot up instantly and Quinton was laughing. I held my bottom and asked "What was that for?"

"I was just trying to help get the sand off of your ass." He said still laughing.

"You Quinton Griggs are something else." I say while rolling my eyes and putting my shorts and shoes back on. I got in my seat then drove off to a mom and pop diner called "Dianes"- it was our go to spot for eating.

Quinton plugged in his phone into the aux and played relaxing music. Minutes into the drive I felt his hand on my thigh. Not even gonna lie, it made me freeze. Why was he acting weird today- he was being more touchy-feely than usual.

His thumb started to rub circles around my inner thigh- as a reaction I closed my thighs and moved his hand away. "Why are you acting weird today?" I say loud enough for him to hear.

"I'm not." He said innocently while eyeing me. I glanced at him real quick then went back to focusing on the road.

"Mhmm" I hummed not knowing what to say next.

"What was it? Was it the kiss that makes you think I'm acting weird."

"Nope. That wasn't the weird part. The weird part is you aren't acting like it never happened. You're being... I don't know- just weird. You never hold my hand. You never do whatever that was." I say gesturing to my thigh.

He only laughed. "I never act like nothing happened after kissing you."

"Don't lie." I laugh.

"Okay- maybe I do. But your reactions to it are cute. It's nice to see you think into it."

"So what you're saying is you like to see me go crazy over what the meaning of the kisses are."

"Yes. And also I'm just waiting for you to realize what they mean."

"Well me realizing isn't going to happen anytime soon." I say pulling into a parking spot at the diner coming to a complete stop. I pull the keys out of the ignition and then look at Quinton.

"I'll give you a hint- I may or may not l word you."

I sit back into my seat and think for a minute. The answer would probably be obvious to anyone else but not me. I kinda thought it was probably "LIKE" but I didn't want to say it because it would be awkward if I was wrong.

"I don't know Quinton!" I say bringing out the n in his name. I look at him and he looks me up and down then stares into my eyes for a minute. I feel myself turn red because of how socially awkward I am.

He bang to move closer to me till our lips touched again. This kiss wasn't like the others. It lasted longer. Not to mention it felt passionate. Quintons hand pulled my neck so he could deepen the kiss. He pulled away then whispered "I like you silly." He looked at me then smiled while getting out of the car.  Was he serious? "Are you coming?" Quinton sounded. I nod then get out of the car. We walk into the diner seeing that everyone else was already at the table.