Chapter 11

Luke's POV

Aria has made me start to go soft. I really like her. I want her to be my girlfriend but I can't. I don't date. Ever since one girl humiliated me. Never again.

*Flashback*

I was currently walking to my girlfriend Emily's house. I decided I would drop by, and say hello to her before visiting my mom in the hospital.

I wasn't the popular guy in school, I was kinda in the middle, closer to the bottom of that chart. But whatever. So it surprised me when Emily's friend Peyton told me that Emily liked me. So I grew a pair and asked her out on a date. We've been together ever since. Almost a year.

I knock on her door and her mom answers it. "Hello Luke, Emily is up in her room." I thank her and make my way up the stairs.

I open up her door, not expecting what happened next. Emily and some other guy were full on making out. I cleared my throat and they pull away. "Who's this?"

"My boyfriend Lance." She gleamed at him as if he were some prize.

"Boyfriend?" I choke out. "I thought I was your boyfriend."

"Thought is the key word here Luke. You were just a bet. I made a deal with Peyton and it was to date you for a year. Face it, your just some loser. Nobody wants you." She smirked. My heart shattered. I thought she loved me.

I just nodded, and ran out of her house and back to my own. I made it back home, and the hot tears were falling down my face. I grabbed the closet object near me and threw it across my room. Luckily it was the guitar she gave me for my birthday. I wanted nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with her anymore.

*End of Flashback*

Aria had fallen asleep about 10 minutes ago, but me. I was still wide awake. I looked at her, and she looked so beautiful. So at peace.

I wanted to be able to call her mine. I wanted to be hers. But sadly, because I was so scared of being humiliated I wouldn't ask her. I did really like her. I pull her small body, closer to me and close my eyes. Falling asleep rather quickly.

Arias POV

"Luke." I mumble. I had woken up about 20 minutes ago, and now I was trying wake Luke up. "Luke."

He groans and buried his face farther into the pillow, and hugs me tighter. "I just wanna stay in bed all day. You don't have to go to school either. It's Saturday."

"Fine." I say giving in. I grabbed his hand and played with all the bracelets on his wrist.

Bracelet

Bracelet

Bracelet

Pink Line

Bracelet

Pink line, I pushed back the rest of his bracelets and sure enough there was more scars. Luke opens his eyes, and notices his uncovered wrist. He immediately pulls his hand away, and adjusts his bracelets.

He stands up, gets out of the bed, and puts his shoes on. Without a word. I get up and grab his shoulder and turn his talk frame to face me. There were tears falling down from his face. I had never seen him cry before.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he buried his face in my neck. I grabbed his hand and we went and sat back down on my bed. His had was fixed on my lap, and I ran my fingers through his soft hair as he cried.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed of Luke." I whispered.

"Yes it is." He croaked, the sat up. "I'm just some screw up, low life. I'm weak, I have nothing and no one. For God sakes I have to take care of a 5 years old. I don't have parents. How much worse could it get."

I crawled over and sat in his lap. "Stop, you have me and the boys. Lucy loves you to death. For the time I've known you, I know your doing a good job with her. Your not the only one without parents Luke. Both of mine practically hated me. I only had my brother, but he's gone now. I was bullied all the way through school in Baltimore. My only friend was my brother. I can guarantee you that your life is nowhere near as bad as mine."

"I'm sorry, I look so pathetic right now." He chuckled.

"No you don't." I smiled. I had noticed that around Luke, I was a lot happier than normal. "Can I ask you a question though."

He nodded. "Why do you cut?" I asked.

"It just feels good ya know. It lets me forget about everything around me. It's just me, my wrist, and that blade. It's like a drug, once you start you can't stop. It takes away all that constant worry of not being good enough." He states.

I nod, completely understanding. I didn't want Luke to hurt himself. He didn't deserve it. But I know if I told he couldn't, I'd be a hypocrite. "Can we make a deal?" I ask.

"Sure?" He said, looking at me questioningly.

"If I don't cut, you don't." I say looking down at my hands. He grabbed my chin between his fingers and lifted my face up.

"I agree. If you don't, I don't." He said. Our faces began inching closer together and our lips met.

His lips were soft against mine. The cool metal of his lip ring, was intoxicating. He cupped my face in his larger hands and I placed my smaller ones over his.

I really did like him. But I don't think we'd become much. Suddenly my bedroom door opens revealing my aunt. Me and Luke immediately pull away.

"Aria, sweetie--." She stopped when she saw Luke. "Oh who's your friend?

"Um this is Luke. Luke this is my aunt Carrie." I said.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Johnson." Luke said, giving a charming smile. Showing of his beautiful teeth.

"Oh please call me Carrie, Ms. Johnson makes me sound old." She laughed. "I came up here to tell you that I have to go in today, and I'll be back late."

"Okay. I'll just be here most likely." She nods.

"Alright bye." She said before walking out of my room.

"Well she's nice." Luke mumbled into my hair.

"She is. She's practically my mom." I sighed.

"Can we just cuddle?" He asked. I nodded and lay back down for the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Second update for today. Yay.

Oooh what's this about Luke's past?!?!?

Okay, that's all for now. I might update tomorrow if I have time to do so.

Later babes,

Marie