Chapter 11

Jeon Wonwoo

The days went on and nothing new had come out of them. Mingyu, Hansol, Seungkwan, and I kept having lunch together and trying to hangout every time we had the chance. 

Thursday had the sun rise and slowly fall beneath the horizon declaring a bold pastel masterpiece. The sky had made me think of the choices I am going to have to make when it comes to this new space, new school, new roads, new bridges, and new friends. I am realizing the exhaustion that comes with this anxiety and pain. I don't want it anymore. I want to move past this grudge I have against Mingyu. He hasn't told Hansol and Seungkwan yet, so maybe...just maybe...he won't say anything.

I began walking to the cafe a couple blocks away that stays open weirdly late. This was the first time I was going to meet Mingyu there with friends. I know Hansol went yesterday and they all wouldn't stop harassing me today to come tonight.

So here I am, walking steadily down these streets looking for the bright sign saying, 'Tom N Toms'.

I turned the last corner and finally came close to the sign. The cafe was upstairs and I could see Seungkwan sitting and Mingyu joining him. Mingyu began laughing and holding his stomach. Seungkwan must have said some thing good.

I stared for a moment and found my lips curled slightly and my cheeks heating up red. The swarm began in my stomach and I quickly looked to grabbed the flutter in hopes to silence it.  I fixed my gaze back to the window of the cafe and sighed gently. The butterflies would not stop taking flight.

I don't understand. Mingyu is a guy. I know for a fact I shouldn't have these feelings for a guy.

I felt my world close in and all I could see was that wide smile and crinkles around his eyes. The way he held his stomach while laughing and wiping the tears from his eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grip my shoulders forcefully.

"You have no place here. I think you should just go home and kill yourself."

I tried to free away from him as he had pushed me against the wall holding the fabric of my shoulders roughly. We were just outside the school walls and every body was heading back home from a long day of studying. 

"Let me go..." I said fearfully.

"Or maybe...I should just kill you myself."

A group of students had gathered around us cheering on the guy who was bullying me. He kept pulling me off the wall and back into it creating bruises on my shoulder blades.

"Please, just let me go home."

"Now, why would I let you go if I haven't finished the job? Now shut the fuck up. Don't you dare open your mouth again. You hear me?" He spit harshly.

I nodded desperately terrified of what was going to happen next.

He grabbed me and pushed me to the ground so hard that dust came flying up around me. He began to punch me and his other friends joined in with him. I was getting punched and kicked everywhere on my body. I tried to fight back but was only met with harder punches. I could feel my breath get stuck in my chest and felt my ribs push out. I was spitting up blood trying to get out their deathly grip. I was trying so hard to survive but it was no use. 

"Let him go!"

"You're gonna kill him!"

I heard voices scream out in the crowd but my vision was too burry to see who was trying to help me.