Chapter 1

Jeon Wonwoo

The snow on the ground made her smile and the blood on her cracked lips stand out.

This was the day I first confessed my feelings to a girl. And man, I was scared shitless.

The girl was beautiful and had so much more worth than me. All the boys chased after her but I stayed away....
I waited for the perfect moments to speak to her and she seemed to like it. She would smile at me and compliment me. She also would often want to hang out at a cafe nearby.

Or so I thought,
She was nothing different than the other girls like I thought she was. She was spoiled and selfish. And led on every guy.

And I was one of them. I didn't know that at the time. The time when I found all the courage inside me to say some words.

Confessing to her in the heavy snow sounded perfect to me. I knew she said yes, I could hold her close and let us be no longer be cold.

But when her lips curled up into a smile, I thought this was it. When she would tell me what I wanted her to say
"Jeon Wonwoo...Why would you think I'd ever like you..."
"I'd never like you..."

And sometimes you don't always get what you want.

I remember all the emotions mixed together. I wanted to kiss her just so she could know I was the one.

I watched as her small frame walked under the streetlights and hearing her feet squish the snow beneath her.

And I remained there under the clouded dark sky. Warm tears was the only thing that comforted me.

I cried so much that weekend. I didn't talk to anyone. Lucky for me, it was winter break. I was able to stay in my room playing video games all day without worrying about that girl.
Oh yena... I would think over and over.
I always wondered who could even have such a heart so cold like that. Enough to make me feel colder than the snow that was around me.

To like someone and confess is dangerous.

When I went to school later on, everyone, I mean everyone, looked at me like I was a freak.

I walked into my home room and felt stares. Her stare.

"So I heard jeon wonwoo confessed to yena."

I quickly hid my face in my book pretending to study.

"Did you say you liked him back?"

"Ani. Why would I like him?"

This day was the day when I first cussed at a girl.

You're a bitch, Yena. Grow the hell up. I ended up getting punched in the face with her new guy.

To this day I don't regret it. Though I got in big trouble and had to clean the bathroom after school everyday for two months (and also had a huge ass bruise on my cheek), it was worth it.

I soon started to get picked on by fellow classmates. They thought it was fun to pick on the kid who was always number 1 in the school ranking. This turned into fights. Which turned into going to the nurse often. Which turned to being expelled. And I let my ranking of number 1 be replaced with 300.

I was depressed. Hoping to skip school whenever I had the chance. I had a thousand more explanations about the bruises on my body for my parents, but I was sick of telling lies. I was in a hole and I didn't let anyone take hold of my hand to get me out. I didn't trust anyone. Even my own parents.

When I thought it couldn't get worse, it did.

My parents began to fight. And often about me being depressed and telling lies. Though it was not my fault , they didn't like me anymore. I wouldn't blame them. I wasn't the normal child of most families. I was different.

they divorced the day I got beat up until I passed out and was found by a boy who I don't remember...

For a while my family stayed in the same house. My mom was trying to find another house. She couldn't stand my dad. They fought constantly.

I thought, this was probably all my fault. And it made me depressed. I normally spent my time alone staring at a blank wall trying to cry. I always felt numb and out of it.

"He's coming with me! He won't become a man without me!"

"I can make him treat people right, unlike you! Get out of here. He's coming with me. You know it's best for him."

They picked where I was going to live. I didn't get to choose. I ended up going with my mom to live on the other side of Seoul.

I started to feel suicidal, but I didn't want to tell my mom. She already was in pain. And I knew I would add to it if I acted upon my thoughts.

After a week of moving everything out and settling in, I finally felt a little more at peace. My mom was looking at me more asking if I was okay. She made sure I was eating and came in every night to say she loves me.

I think she was becoming happy again.

My other school had finished their year, and I got texts from the bullies regularly.

Where are you?
Did you finally kill yourself?
Don't ever come back.

To be honest it made me happy looking at the texts knowing I won't be bullied for another two months until I start school again, at a new school.

Where maybe I can find someone who will love me back.
-------
Hope you all enjoyed! Here's the start of the story. Please vote and share bye bye!