Chapter 10

Jeon Wonwoo

Everything feels like a storm tonight. My eyes remained open staring upward in desperate need of sleep but it was no use. I would go back to where it started to where it finished as if I could find an answer for why this is all happening. I was digging myself a hole. There was no solution to my problems.

I watched as the first light of the morning reached my bedroom walls as if it was unveiling the darkness that was suffocating me. I reluctantly got up out of my bed, pulling away my warm sheets, and went to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and waited for the water to heat up. I stared at myself in the mirror removing my shirt. I looked down at my hand and to my knuckles. I moved my fingers up and down and felt the soreness grip me. I felt the back of my shoulder to my other injury caused by Kim Mingyu. The rough skin was a sign of healing. 

I continued getting ready for school as the sun rose farther in the sky. Eomma had a small meal for me at the table and I quickly ate it. Placing my coat on my body I continued to school. My breathing was escalating as I got closer and closer. I held my bruised hand shakily. I tried different ways of hiding it from others. 

Pockets?

No.

Arm sleeves?

No...

I realized I would have to just be careful and do the best I can to hide it. 

Hide the truth.

I entered the building quietly, speeding past the girls with heart eyes once again. I went into my first class about 30 minutes early to read a book I received yesterday. I was so engrossed in the book I didn't realize a person was beside me. Startled, I jumped in my seat. Mingyu was there smiling widely with his bruised face.

"Good morning!" 

I almost smashed my head on my desk in annoyance at his happiness.

"Good morning..." I said groggily.

He continued to smile through his bruises and let out a soft chuckle.

"WHAT THE FU-??When did this happen? ARE YOU OK? YOU LOOK LIKE DEATH HOMIE," A boy with shaggy black hair screamed dramatically grabbing Mingyu roughly.

"Yesterday." Mingyu laughed trying to push him off of him.

"Dude, you look bad ass. You gotta tell me what happened. How did you even-OH MY! Mingyu! Have you met this guy," The boy pointed to me.

"You know you're a massive idiot. And yes! I know him. This is Wonwoo. Wonwoo this is Seungkwan."

I smiled to the boy called Seungkwan, "hi."

He came over and hugged me hard, "YOU ARE MY 2ND MY BEST FRIEND OKAY!"

I laughed and nodded, "If that's what you really want."

Mingyu looked to us with a smile rocking back and forth.

The class started and the two boys sat beside me talking loudly to one another. Seungkwan kept trying to pull me in to the conversation by asking me to rap. Mingyu seemed to love watching him interrogate me. I tried my best to shoo Seungkwan away so I wouldn't get in trouble but it really was a waste of my breath because we still got in trouble multiple times but that didn't stop anyone from talking.

"Can we eat lunch all together?" Seungkwan finally said something not ridiculous.

"I'm fine with that. What about you, Wonwoo?" Mingyu looked upon me.

"PLEASE SAY YES. PLEAAAASSSEEEE."

"Boo Seungkwan will you please, for the last time, listen." The teacher said with a tired voice.