Chapter 9

Mingyu

We sat at the table eating the delicious chicken soup. I took a spoonful to my mouth and blew on it. I was so thankful for wonwoo and this food. I felt like I haven't eaten in forever as I gobbled up the soup.

"So what school do you go to Mingyu?" Wonwoo's mother asked.

"Seoul broadcasting school." I smiled.

"Oh! My wonwoo just started going there." She hit wonwoo gently.

"Yeah, we have a few classes together." Wonwoo said softly.

His eyes shifted to the clock and back to the soup.

"I think I'll head home now. Thank you for taking care of me and providing delicious soup." I stood up and bowed.

"I'll walk with you." Wonwoo got up as well.

"It was so nice to meet you. I hope to see you come by again." Wonwoo's mom smiled and collected the dishes on the table.

Wonwoo grabbed his jacket and we headed into the night.

Silence surrounded us and only footsteps were heard.

"So why did you switch schools?" I asked.

"Well, I just wanted to switch. Not much to it." He looked ahead with his dark eyes.

"I see. That school was stupid."

"What about you? Why'd you switch?" Wonwoo looked to me.

"Well, I just was sick of that school. People were rude, and self centered. I've met so many great people here." I smiled.

"Do you know Vernon?"

"Oh yeah! He's a little younger but I've met him a few times. My best friend knows him and heard him rap, so now he's trying to make me rap." I roll my eyes.

"You rap?" He asked.

"A little. I've recently started." I shyly looked away knowing how good Wonwoo was.

"You should show me sometime. I'll be glad to help you out." He smiled at me.

He didn't seem so scary or mean. His eyes were kind and filled with importance. He was important. I hoped he knew that. In this moment he was no longer that weak child but a stronger man.

"That would be sweet. You got to meet seungkwan." I said.

"Does he rap?"

"No. He sings. He's super good too!" I smile thinking of him singing at the cafe passionately.

"That's cool." Wonwoo nodded.

"He is a little loud...and sassy." 

"Is he rude?" He looked to me slowly.

"I mean, if he needs to be. He has a big heart though. He's my best friend." I look to the dark sky with a smile.

Wonwoo nodded and looked ahead. His gaze seemed almost timid but brave. He must be thinking a lot. 

The rest of the walk was silent, almost awkward. He looked over at me a few times with a worried face. 

"Okay it's right here," I pointed to the tall building, "Can we hang out tomorrow? Maybe with Vernon and Seungkwan?" 

Wonwoo looked around and scratched his neck, "That sounds fun."

I nodded and said goodbye to him as I entered the building. I wished to tell him I'm sorry for what I did but my heart would beat out of my chest whenever the words were at the tip of my tongue. He probably is going through a rough time right now. I wish I could help him but I'm sure he doesn't trust me very much. 

Jeon Wonwoo

I began to walk away when I saw he was safe in the building. My eyes filled up with tears in fear. I felt this was wrong. All of it. What if Mingyu will tell everyone what happened? What if I get bullied at this school too? My breathing quickened as I tried to stop my tears. I am such a wimp. I'm panicking as if I was a child. 

I quickly walked home wiping away my tears. 

You're gonna be okay. You know you will.

//

Hello carats! I haven't been active at all...but I'm trying really hard to get back to writing. I really want to finish this story. I've been planning this whole story for a year! So expect a lot more updates okay! Love you all!!

-hansolie bby