Chapter 12

A quiet knock comes from the door. As Gene gets up going to the door opening it. She then returns with a bouquet of roses and a card.

"For you?" she says confused, handing them to me. I open the card as I begin to read it to myself.

"Baby, i'm sorry for everything I have done. I know I'm not the best person in the world, but you make me wanna be better. I'm actually happy when you're with me. I know I have been mean to you and i'm sorry for that, you don't deserve that, but Baby you're special to me. I need you in my life, and if you are willing to forgive me I would like to take you out on a date tonight, because honestly I have never had feelings like this for anyone before and I just, I need you. I know that sounds corny like something out of a movie, but it's true I need you like we need oxygen. Baby you're my oxygen, so please forgive me. Love, Dakota" 

Tears swell in my eyes as I look down at the beautiful roses in my arms.

"Is he out there?" I ask as she nods.

I walk over to the door opening it as my eyes fall on the devil himself, though he doesn't look like the devil anymore. I can see the brokeness in his eyes as tears soak his shirt. He looks up at me as I walk over to him falling to the ground wrapping my arms around him as he pulls me onto his lap holding me tightly.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" Dakota asks as his voice cracks.

"How could I not?" I say, wiping his tears as I place a gentle kiss on his lips.

He smiles into the kiss as I hear someone clear their throat behind us. I turn to see Gene standing in the doorway with my purse.

"You kids go have fun" Gene says smiling as I take my purse from her thanking her as Dakota takes my hand in his leading me to the elevator.

"Did you really mean everything you said?" I ask as the door shuts.

"Every word Baby, that's why I have a surprise for you" Dakota says placing a kiss on my forehead.

We exit the elevator getting into his car as he reaches in the backseat pulling out a gift bag and handing it to me.

"What's this?" I ask confused as a smile spreads across his face.

"Just open it" He says happily watching me as I pull things out of the bag.

I pull out his hoodie knowing it's his as the smell of axe and menthol cigarettes flows from it as I smile.

"Thanks handsome" I say, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You're welcome baby, but that's not all" He says with his dimples showing as he smiles.

I reach in the bag feeling a box as I pull it open giving him a questioning look.

"Open it" He says eagerly.

I open it to see a beautiful heart necklace, my eyes begin to swell as I look over at him.

"Baby, will you do me the honor and be my girlfriend because I can't live without you? The thought of even losing you kills me inside" Dakota says as tears swell in his eyes .

"Of course" I say, placing my lips on his as he smiles into the kiss as our lips move in perfect sync before he pulls away.

"Oh and there is one more thing" He says with his adorable smile.

I smile sticking my hand in the bag feeling an envelope. I smile opening it, pulling out the two pieces of paper to see two plane tickets.

"What's this?" I say looking at them confused.

"Baby, I want you to come to England to meet my Mum" He says, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"But the semester just started" I say looking at him with concern.

"I know, but I can talk the dean into letting us take classes online while we are there, just please say yes baby" He says pleadingly.

"Fine, I'll go" I say smiling as I see his eyes light up.

"Really?" he asks with excitement clear in his voice.

"Yes really" I say giggling as he crashes his lips into mine.

" I love you baby" He says, making my heart swell.

"I love you too" I say as our lips connect again.