chapter 3

Aishah's pov
Huseina can't seem to let me be in peace. Asking me so many questions about our culture and dialect. She was also asking about my studies.
Wallahi,if not because adda Huseina is nice and asking me in a polite manner, I will not even answer. She doesn't get that I don't feel like talking and I want to be alone. So when her questions were getting too much I gave her a rain check.

Ya rabbi samawat,i feel light headed and dizzy.
I closed the door to my room and lay in bed to sleep.

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
You won't be forgiven, Never!,neither in this life nor in the hereafter because you have failed to your lord and unto you shall return in a shade of darkness hovering over head.
I stood up panting and muttering Astagrifirullah. After observing nafil,i wept to accept my duas .
Surely,i will answer your call and forgive your sins .
This is the verse Ammah would always read to me whenever I suffer from a breakdown.

I couldn't go back to sleep as I dwell in sorrow.
Aisha! Aisha! be fast,we are going to be late, Huseina yelled from the parlor where others stood, ready to depart.

Urrgh,i didn't want to go with them but Ammah had to force me to go. I put on a navy blue gown and a black abaya to match.

I'm ready, I descended down d stairs. We were going for a family function in my uncle Fahad house.

Salaam alaikum jam'ah,we greeted Uncle Fahad and his family. The food was already set on the table and we all sat to eat.

Aunt Mariam, give me more. I turned around to see who was talking and it was my cousin, Abdulmuqit. Wallahi,that boy is a glutton, he is requesting for the fourth plate of food.

The elders started having their and we went upstairs to the kids room. Summayah and sultan were playing and the teens were gisting.

Ahmad, Abdulmuqit and Rabiu just made the hell of a noise and ya Hassana had to send them out.
Bye, 👋, a lot of wavering hands as we were leaving. Rabiu and Abdulmuqit were to be dropped off by uncle fahad. Allah Hafiz, I greeted aunty and the kids.

Ya Aisha, don't go, Summayah said holding the hem of my gown. I bent down and gave her a peck on the cheek. I'm coming back darling, Allah Hafiz.

With that, we left the house.