"It's a little more complicated than that."

He squeezed his face up, "How?"

I'm cursed. I've come for answers. And I don't know if we'll ever speak beyond this experience. Leah unwrapped her arms and rest her hands on her knees, "Look, I'm trying to stay calm right now, but it's really hard. I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

"Neither did I."

Her heart dropped. Maybe she wasn't guilty for everything, but for abandoning her father she felt it. "I'm sorry."

Adamo paused, lowering the tint of frustration behind his face, "I am too."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I didn't do anything to stop you from leaving."

The truth was, regardless of him trying when she was ready to go, it probably wouldn't have changed her mind. He always tried to be a good father, he never seemed to take it out on her. But he was a constant reminder, always saying how much she looked like her mother, or how she acted like her. He would over do it on asking her if she wanted to talk about it, or ask questions about the day it happened.

It was terrible. And the worst part was he never defended her when someone would insinuate her causing the end of Mia. He didn't know the truth.

Leah swallowed, her voice cracking under the pressure of thoughts and emotion, "Dad-"

"If I could have done something different, I would have-"

"You dont have to do this-"

"I just didn't think that I'd lose everyone I had over these years."

Leah was about to tear herself up for all the hurt he's had, when his words hit her a little harder in the head not the heart. She lifted her brows, "Everyone?"

Adamo rubbed his forehead, nodding to fight the sorrow buried in his chest, "Yes. Everyone. Besides that ankle biter over there, I'm here alone."

She looked over to see a little brown chihuahua perched on an oversized pet bed before whipping her head to her father in all his depressive state, "Where's Derek and Grandpa?"

"Derek left not too long after you did. And grandpa... he passed away."

It was terrible news that stained her as she sat. Not only was her brother gone, but her dear grandfather was dead. The warm tears came into her eyes harsh, causing her lip to tremble. She shook her head, "This is all my fault isn't it?"

"No, don't blame yourself."

"How can I not blame myself?" Leah stood up and shook her hands, "Because of me, mom is gone, Derek Is Gone, grandpa is dead and you're alone!" She began to pace, uncontrollably shivering as her lips rambled, "Everything that's happening to you... to me... it's all because of me. I can't do anything right! Hell, I can't even help myself let alone make this up to you. I'll never end this."

Adamo stood up, grabbing her shoulders. He spoke gently to her, "What are you talking about? End what?"

The person. Fawn's voice sang into her ears like a soft serenade, whipping her back to the purpose of her mission. "Where is Derek?"

"He's- wait, what is going on?"

"Where is he?!"

"I don't know, he moved out, he's- he's moved on. Just like you."

A load heavier than all the oceans of the world fell down, putting an unbelievable strain on her knees. Leah plowed her tongue against her cheek and pinched her face into a harsh expression before meeting the gaze of a very concerned father. It was the same look he used to give her when she was a child, when she had a bad day at school and even when she felt upset and unloved by her mother. That one look was enough to lure her into never wanting to depart with him, even if she knew there was a chance it would forever keep wounds open.