He seemed shy about it though, so I stopped. An idea then popped in my mind. "I'll try to draw flying humans too! What do you think?"

The black-haired male raised an eyebrow, curiously eyeing me.

"You should begin with something easier, like a banana or a tree."

His comment caused our fellow members to laugh. I rolled my eyes and picked a sharp pencil.

"Wait and see."

Five minutes later, Jungkook and Jae were laughing their ass off, explicitly mocking my drawing.

"Did you actually try the banana?" My classmate asked, pointing at what was supposed to be a human being.

I groaned, rather annoyed. "Shut up!"

Before he could react, the door slid open. The guy with the dimples—whom I believe was a member of the student council—appeared.

"Hey, am I disturbing?"

His calm voice caused us all to smile. Sarutobi allowed him to come in.

"Oh, that's fine." He shrugged. "I'm just here to see Jungkook."

All of the sudden, the room fell silent. The club members were staring at Jungkook as if he was some kind of monster, which I couldn't understand.

Clearing my throat, I tried to draw the attention on me since the poor guy sitting next to me seemed nervous.

"You're the student council's guy!"

I noticed how Kwon's surprised expression turned into an ugly frown as soon as I opened my mouth.

As for the dimple guy, he simply smiled. "Touché."

Sarutobi intervened before I could answer. "He's the president."

I mouthed an impressed oh whereas Jungkook stood up. He excused himself and followed the president out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"OH MY GOD!" Hyemon blurted out. "Jungkook is a friend of mighty Namjoon!"

Jae and Kwon cringed at that. On the other hand, Sarutobi breathed out.

"What's the big deal?" I asked, earning a death glare from Kwon who literally just wanted to hate me.

"It means I can finally approach him! Namjoon is the cutest—"

"We don't care." Jae interrupted her, combing his brown locks with his fingers. "It might be useful though."

As if they shared the same mind, Sarutobi and him exchanged a knowing smile. After a few seconds, the art club's president clapped her hands.

"Jungkook might convince the council to raise our monthly budget!"

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

J U N G K O O K

"Jungkook, aren't you hungry?"

Deep in my thoughts, it took me a few seconds to realize my father was talking to me.

"Sorry Dad, I spaced out." Immediately, I picked up a slice of meat and swallowed without thinking.

I could tell Namjoon was staring at me, so I tried my best to ignore him. However, his stare was so intense that I couldn't focus on my food.

Once again, my father noticed.

"Alright boys, what's wrong?"

I waited for my brother to speak, knowing he'd be the first to talk.

"Jungkook acts like a kid."

Confused, Dad questioned me about it. When I asked if I could leave the table, he refused and insisted.

"Talk to me son. What is wrong?"

Probably annoyed by my persisting silence, Namjoon explained the matter himself. "I told him to try and make some friends, but he still refuses. He was eating by himself at lunch, I told him to join my friends and I but he didn't want to."

There was nothing wrong with wanting to be alone. Many people would understand, but not my brother nor my father. Now that the latter knew about it, he would be as insisting as Namjoon.

Dad sighed. He took a moment to clean the dust off his glasses before placing his dark brown eyes on me. I could see the pain in them, the feeling of being powerless. Honestly, it was hurting but I refused to force myself. He wanted me to be happy and enjoy my life as a teenager, but the death of my mother made it difficult for me to trust and grow attached to anyone. Even if it wasn't easy at first, I got used to it and accepted the idea of being a loner.

"Don't you like your classmates?"

Here we go again, I thought. The return of the unpleasing conversation at the start of each school year ever since Mom's disappearance.

"I do." Because I didn't want to cause a scene, I tried to remain calm. "I even joined the art club and the members are cool, but I'm fine on my own."

Namjoon coughed, earning a glare from both my father and I. Surprisingly, the forty-six years old didn't insist.

"We'll talk about it together."

After diner, Namjoon and I went upstairs. On the way to my room, I called his name.

"Stop involving my father!"

He rolled his eyes, placing his hand on his door handle. "He's worried about you, just like me."

"He wouldn't be if you'd let me be!"

I left him no chance to answer, storming inside my room like some capricious kid. It was annoying! I knew Namjoon meant well, but I didn't need him to play the caring big brother.

I was fine on my own and until then, I'd stick with the loner etiquette.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

The next morning, I spotted Namjoon and Y/n talking in front of the school. Though I was curious and willing to know what business they had together; I had no place to hide and eavesdrop. Still, I watched them from afar.

Their conversation lasted for five minutes. In the end, Namjoon bowed to my classmate before heading inside the building, leaving the girl alone.

I was dying to question her, but I didn't want to seem nosy. As if nothing had happened, I went to class.

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

💜

You'll see more of the student council in the next chapters, I promise!