7| Our Seven Vows

Start from the beginning

Once?!

"I literally mean it when I say I have each and every experience. If you want any advice regarding your first night, feel free to contact me!" She smirked. Okay! She has a carefree and open personality, so it's alright for her to speak like this.

"Leave it and see how good you're looking. Just damn beautiful! I mean your dress is gorgeous. And, your necklace and lehenga, they're looking so good. Wait! Where was all this during my wedding? How come I never chose these beautiful accessories and instead took those shitty design? I'm so sad of my choice." She sighed.

What will I do with these gorgeous jewelleries and dresses when this relationship itself is fake?

"But it's your special day. So, I would keep my chatter box shut. Overall, I can say that you're looking like a princess... No, a queen." She explained and I laughed at her silly lines.

"Divya, it's time to go." Mumma came inside the room and said while we both turned our head towards her. I knew there was no way to back off now. Also, my family's happiness lies in this wedding.

It's either do or die!

I stood up from the chair and checked myself in mirror for the last time before adding my name in the list of married women.

After a long walk filled with numerous rituals, I reached the site where I was going to take the seven vows with him. Suddenly nervousness hit my body! Taking a deep breath, I walked forward in his direction. The next three hours were ofcourse filled with a lot of rituals and worshipping.

We both were busy in our own world, not the same one though, and followed the rituals absentmindedly. We were pulled out of our dreams when the priest asked us to stand at our places.

It is the dream of every woman to marry the man she loves. But, for me it was not and could never be the same as I've never been in a relationship.

"Repeat after me son." The priest said, calling out Ayaan. Although I led the first four phera around the holy fire, he started the vows first. I'm not eager to marry him! But something called attitude can't leave me and my body.

In the First Vow he went, "You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children."

My goodness! How could he pronounce those difficult sanskrit and pure hindi words too well? I mean, it was impossible for an an e-grader like him, as I've seen his condition from the time he was four.

Then was my turn, "I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities." Okay, I'm not homely type but if my family's happiness lies in it, then it's nothing to me.

In the Second Vow he went, "Together we will protect our house and children."

Wait! Children? Who's gonna have children with you? I can have children with someone else but not with you. I don't want my genes to mix up with your foolish genes who can't even score one mark in two-optional MCQs. How foolish he is who don't even have one percent luck?

Then I vowed, "I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely."

Who wants his love?

In the Third Vow he went, "May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long."

Ofcourse, we'll grow wealthy and prosperous. But why was this children thing in every vow? Okay, it was just a ritual. Otherwise there was no chance that this carefree hunk would speak something about children.