Chapter 20

Song for this chapter: Lana Del Rey - Without you

I cried myself to sleep last night, and the scary part is I don't even know why. So many emotions were flowing through my mind and I guess it was just too much for me. I've never been the strongest girl when it came to my feelings. I was sensitive, fragil. At school everybody thought that what people said about me didn't affect me, everybody thought I was "ok"  but inside it killed me. But when i'm with Matthew none of that matters cause he takes my mind off of it all. He fascinates me. The feeling he gave me was so hard to explain. But it made me smile and it shouldn't cause this isn't right. Right? 

After getting dressed for the day I looked at my new Iphone to check the time, it read 11:42 PM. Yes, Matthew had gotten me a phone yesterday, he said that it was for 'emergencys' and he wasn't kidding cause literally the only thing I  could do on the phone was call HIM. All the other numbers were blocked.

I  walked into the kitchen to find Carter making some coffee. His eyes met mine and we both greeted eachother Good Morning. At first Carter came off as the wierd perverted type but that was just him and his personality and he knew when he was crossing the line so it didn't really bother anybody.

"You want some coffee?" He offered. 

"No thanks, im good" I denied the coffee.  He gave me a quick nod and took the last sip of his dark coffee. I don't understand how people could drink their coffee like that. I tried it before and for me it tasted like unsweetened dark chocolate and just so bitter.

"Where is everyone?" I carelessly asked jumping up to sit on the counter.

"Matt is sleeping, he didn't come back till late and Nash brought Aaron to go visit Nashs family for the day." He explained leaning against the counter across from me. One thing I learned about this gang was that they were a family. They might sound uptight with eachother but when you catch them in the right moment you'll see how close they are. It was cute.

"Where did Matt go last night?" I asked playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Ha who knows." He smirked.

A loud groan was heard from behind me which caused me to turn my head. Matthew carelessly walked in dragging his feet arcross the wood floor wearing a black hoodie over his head, some sweats and a pair of cozy socks. Yes, it was very attractive. He ignored our presence and was getting out a coffee mug before his scratchy morning voice (which is sexy af) spoke.

"Close the courtains." He groaned dragging the last word. He turned to me which helped get a better look at him. He had bags under his eyes which were droopy.

I jumped off the counter and closed the courtains that were allowing the sun light inside the kitchen. He grabbed a pill from a cupboard, the label read 'Advil' on it so I had a feeling what he had been doing last night. He threw the pill to the back of his throat and swallowed. He jumped on the counter and waited for his coffee to finish. We were all in silence before Carter let out small chuckle.

"Fuck off" Matthew demanded in a low tone due to his probably strictly headache. Carter threw his hands up in the air with a grin. A *click*  was heard from the coffee maker and Carter stood up standing up straight before going into the other room. Carter and his ways always made me smile. Since Matthew was too busy massaging his temples I jumped down from the counter and generously poured Matthews coffee into the mug before handing him his dark coffee. I was gonna let him be and go into the other room but he grabbed my waist with one hand and placed me in between his legs while resting his head on my chest. 

"You ok?" I calmly whispered.

"shh just be quiet." I quietly giggled due to how cute he was being. We stood in that position for a few minutes until he lifted his head and slurpped his warm coffee looking up at me with his big, honey brown eyes.