Chapter 27

Song for this chapter: It Will Rain - Bruno Mars

"Scarlett?" I heard somebody speak through the bathroom door. I didn't recognize his voice due to I was still half asleep. I slowly opened my brown orbs, falling back into reality. I observed my surroundings as I laid on the cold bathroom tile clutching my kness to my chest. 

"Scarlett" His voice was a bit more loud than before causing me to push myself off the floor. I hissed at the forgotten brusies and scars that sat on my skin. Thats when the memories from last night filled my aching head. My body froze as I stood in front of the large mirror. 

"Scarlett, you okay?" Nashs worried voice rung through my ears. I sighed and walked over to unlock the door. 

He stood there wide-eyed 

"W-what happened?" He stuttered examining my face. 

"Matthew." I mumbled. He sighed and grabbed my arm gently and brought me back into the bathroom, closing the door in the process.

He picked me up like I was a fragile baby and placed my weak body on the countertop. I watched him grab something from a drawer beneath me. 

He opened the first aid kit and took out a liquid and poured a small amount on a rag.

"This will sting a bit." He warned. I watched him gently tap the cloth on my skin making me hiss in pain. He applied pressure for a few seconds before throwing it in the garbage can. 

"What did he do? cut you?"  He motioned to my now bandaged skin.

"Glass." I answered. I carefully jumped down and thanked him. 

"Scarlett." His soft voice caused me to turn my head.

". . . . He loves you." I sighed and nodded, turning my way to go into my room.

"Oh! And Scarlett." A smile creeped onto my face as I turned on my heel to face him again.

"Yes?" 

"Your eye. Theres an ice pack in the freezer. Place it on your eye and apply pressure." I smiled and thanked him.

I casually walked downstairs and from the corner of my eye I saw a figure laying on the couch. I turned my head to see Matthews beautiful face snuggled into the couch. I sighed and continued my way into the kitchen, to the freezer.

I grabbed the blue ice pack and a kitchen towel from one of the drawers. I wrapped the ice inside of the towel and placed it gently on my right eye, remembering to apply a bit of pressure. 

I again escorted myself upstairs and went into my bedroom. I didn't feel like doing anything or going anywhere. I just wanted to be alone. I went into my bathroom and took an enjoyable, long shower in the dark. It was much more calming and amusing for me. I cleaned every inch of my body before drying off and placing a pair of grey lounge sweapants with a black hoodie that had "Embrace the messy hair" in bold letters. I then added a pair of Nike Air Force to match the outfit. 

I lazily walked out of my room for something to eat to find Carter doing the same.

"Hey boo" He greeted.

"watchya do-" He stopped when his eyes met mine. I had forgotten about the bruises on my face until now. 

"what happened?" He asked. His face finally becoming more serious.

"look, I'm hungry and I don't feel like talking about it." I stated quickly crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, come with me. You don't want to wake Matthew up, especially if he's hungover."