Chapter 44

"Fuck." Was the vulgar word I heard first once I opened my eyes from my amazing slumber. There goes my good mood. 

I stirred repeatedly until I ended up rolling out of my bed onto the hard, cold wood. I groaned, pushing myself up. In the process, I looked across the room where the large window was placed. The sun was just rising, meaning it was early. 

Just then, I heard the echo of glass shattering, my body jumping with the loud noise. I ran out of the bedroom to Matthew's. What a way to start off  the day...

There was shattered glass across the floor, along with the sheets that were scattered messily over the room. 

"Matthew" I called out, tracing the room with my eyes. 

I carefully walked over to the bathroom where the door was closed. I slowly opened it to see Matthew in the jacuzzi with the same bottle of vodka he was drinking last night, and all his clothes on. 

"What're you doing?" I mumbled under my breathe. 

"Chillin'" He shrugged. His faced raised itself, giving me a better view of it. His eyes were blood-shot red with a locked jaw, and a few strands of his hair were dangling over his forehead. It honestly scared me to see him like this. I didn't know what to say or do. I didn't want to upset him.

I leaned down to feel the water, and got the shiver's once I felt that it was ice cold. 

Just then, he slowly got up out of the water with a struggle of keeping himself balanced, probably from his low level of sobriety. I grabbed onto his hand and helped him out of the jacuzzi before handing him a dry towel. 

"Matthew" from the master bathroom's walls, I heard Nash's voice yell. 

"Nash, we're in here" I yelled back, and within seconds he was next to us. His eyes met mine, but soon fell onto Matthew's drunk ones with a frown. 

"Matthew, are you forgetting about the event that's tonight?" Nash's voice sounded irritated with Matthew. I mean, so was I. I totally forgot about the party that was tonight. I had even lost track of time. And right now, I didn't even feel like going anymore. 

"No" Matthew blurted out. 

"Well,  you need to sober up, man." Nash sighed.

"What if he doesn't go?" I raised my eyebrows at Nash. Nash's face fell at what I had just said, like it was a crime being made, which makes no sense since they literally commit crimes every day. I really didn't want to go to the party. Matthew hasn't slept at all in 2 day's, meaning he's probably not going to be fun to be around. 

"He has to go." Nash's demanded. 

"I'm not even drunk" Matthew spoke, on the other side of the bathroom, ruffling his hair in the mirror. 

"Whatever" I sighed, looking back up at Nash. If Matthew does some stupid ass shit tonight, it's not my fault. 

"Try and have him sleep a bit" Nash mumbled before turning around and leaving out the bedroom as I silently mocked his words in my head. 

I glanced back over at Matt who was already in the shower. I was a little startled at first. I was just standing there, still tired so I turned around and left the room. 

I sighed as I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. I grabbed a new towel and walked into another bathroom to take a shower. A break from the chaos. 

I spent a good 30 minutes in the shower, letting my thoughts run free for a little bit before changing into Nike spandex shorts and a random hoodie, my hair brushed and air-drying.