Chapter 39

Me and Kayla were sitting on the couch on a sunny afternoon. After begging Matthew to allow Kayla to text her parent's, he realized she wasn't gonna leave him alone so he eventually gave in.

Kayla was currently texting her mom with Matthew's phone, since he threw out Kayla's old one. He said "anybody can track it down". They couldn't track Matthew's phone down since he had this special device installed into his phone as well as mine. In the text message Kayla stated to her mom, Jessica, that she was okay and she was safe. Of course Matthew stood over her making sure she didn't write anything stupid that would give out his secret information.

Matthew and I had a long conversation about Kayla. I told him that he needed to respect Kayla and of course, protect her like he protect's me, which he agreed to..after a while, although, they still have some mini fights here and there. But it's progress.

"Are you done?" Matthew sighed in irritation watching Kayla continue to text her mom. Kayla had written over 20 messages to her mom.

"No, one more thing." She rushed in a whisper, writing one more thing to her mom

"I love you"

She took a deep breath and handed the i phone back to Matthew with a frown which made me do the same. I brought her into a tight hug.

"Okay." Matthew started breaking the sad silence in the room.

"I have some thing's to do" He spoke bringing his hands together into a clap.

Me and Kayla both didn't move from the hug.

"You guy's have to come...?" He slowly explained. With that, we both broke the hug and raised our eyebrows.

"Why do we have to go?" Kayla asked annoyed. Matthew turned his head towards Kayla.

"Because I said so." Matthew teased slowly as if Kayla was an idiot. Kayla mocked him quietly.

"Fuck you" She added.

"Fuck you, you th-" Matthew was gonna defend himself, but I interrupted with a louder tone than both of them. They were acting like toddlers.

"Oh my god" I groaned.

"Can you guys like please stop fighting." I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Ya know what, whatever. Where are we going?" Kayla spoke. Matthew hesitated to answer.

"Can you stop with the questions?" I eyed Matthew and he mumbled a quick 'sorry'.

"Were going to a friends house" He recorrected himself.

"Taylor?" I offered. Matthew nodded.

"Yeah, he's having a party." I bit down on my lip knowing how these party's end up going. Me and Kayla got up and I led her upstairs.

"And bring a bathing suit" Matthew yelled out before I brought Kayla into my bedroom, to my closet.

"Here, try this" I handed her an orange bikini that I knew she would look good in.

"I never used it." I added.

"aaand" I looked through my excessive amount of clothing.

"Here" I handed her a pair of shorts with a loose blouse. She checked the clothes I had handed to her before heading into the bathroom to change into the items.