Chapter 25

Zophisa P.O.V

Luka and I sat across from each other at the dining room table. He drank a glass of scotch while I smoked a cigarette.
"Do you not have anything to say?" I asked him.

"I do not know what to say," he said lowly.

I took a deep breath before speaking, "I've been doing this a long time. I would have never thought I would have to kill my own flesh and blood. My father wants to send me to prison so there's no telling what your brother wants to do to you. There's only one way to solve this problem." I stood up and walked over to where he was sitting.

"Handle it your way, or I'll handle it my way," I said before dropping my cigarette into his drink and walking out of the kitchen.

I walked up the long elegant staircase, down the hall, and into our bedroom. I walked into the bathroom that was in our bedroom and turned on the water in the jacuzzi tub. I went back into the room and looked under the bed getting a duffle bag I brought from home. I opened it and pulled out a small baggie of weed and a pack of backwoods.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I laughed as Max and Kyle hauled insults at each other on the tv. I love watching Living Single when I'm high, the jokes are ten times funnier. I looked over at the clock that was on the night stand and saw it was two in the morning.

"Fuck," I grumbled when I realized how late it was. I got off the bed and walked to the intercom that was in our bedroom by the door.

"Where are you?" I asked, holding the button down.

"Office," He answered.

"Get up here," I demanded.

"You told me to handle it, I am handling it," He replied.

"I changed my mind. Come on," I said.

I waited about ten minutes before I realized he wasn't coming. I sighed and got out of bed and slipped my feet into some random slides that were near the bed.

I stormed down the stairs and past the living room into his office.

"You're joking right?" I asked as I barged into the office.

"I was on my way-," he stopped mid sentence when he looked at me, "what are you wearing?"

"Your shirt?" It came out as more of a question than an answer. "I can take it off if you want me to. I just didn't feel like putting anything on."

"No," he said quickly, "keep it on I like it."

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised before looking down at myself. His shirt wasn't that big on me since I'm 5'9 and he's about 6'2. I just shrugged before we walked out of the office.

"What are you watching?" He asked as we entered our bedroom.

"Living Single," I answered.

"What is that?" He asked.

I gasped, "I keep forgetting you're foreign." I joked.

"How, I have an accent? And technically, here, you are the foreigner," he said, emphasizing the you. I just chuckled.

"Okay, you get in the shower, I'm going to smoke another blunt, and we'll lay up and watch Living Single," I said, pushing him towards the bathroom.

About forty five minutes later we were watching the first episode of Living Single and Luka was laughing at the fact that I knew almost all the words.

"Don't touch me unless you want to get burned," I said, mimicking Max.

Luka and I were laying in bed watching the show. We got about three episodes in before I started to get sleepy and dozed off while laying on Luka's chest.