Chapter 12

Zophisa P.O.V

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about this earlier. I had to reapply all this makeup," I grumbled as we walked into the in-home office.

"I forgot," Luka defended.

"Why are we even having a meeting at nine o'clock at night anyway?" I asked, sitting at the chair behind the desk. Luka tucked the chair under the desk before sitting in the wooden chair on the opposite side.

"I don't know, let's just get it over with," He said as the wall phone started to ring. I took a deep breath and put on my poker face.

"Good evening gentlemen," Luka greeted as the faces appeared on the screen.

"Mr. Ricca, Zophisa," a white man with a British accent greeted. I recognized everyone's faces, especially his.

"That's Mrs. Ricca to you," I corrected him.

"Oh please, cut the charade, we all know this marriage is a sham," the man said with a scoff.

"Who are you again?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Alexander Bunch, a very close business associate of Luka's," he answered.

I nodded and leaned across the desk and whispered in Luka's ear.
"How close are you two?" I asked.

"I didn't know his first name was Alexander until now," he whispered back. I smirked and sat down in my chair.

"Do you know what this meeting is in regards to Mr. Bunch?" I asked.

"I though I did, but by the way you just asked I may be wrong," He Said.

"You are wrong," I said firmly, "I know exactly who you are and exactly what you do. Do you want to know why?" I paused for a second.
"Because I'm your boss, that's why," I answered, "I know everything necessary to be a leader. The only thing you know, is how my husband likes his coffee in the morning. I will break you, do you understand?"

Alexander cleared his throat before answering, "Yes Mrs. Ricca."

"Good, now hang up so I can talk real business," I demanded. He nodded before his screen went black.

"That was amazing," Luka said with a smirk.

"You have to make sure they fear you but don't hate you," I said jokingly. Our attention was taken off of each other when we heard someone clear their throat.

We looked at the monitor to see two other faces looking back at us.

"Our apologies, gentlemen," Luka said, clearing his throat and straightening his posture.

"Apologies?" Adrian Vilkov, leader of the Russian mafia, yelled.

"This is completely unprofessional. You are a disgrace to your father's name," Santiago, leader of the spanish mob, shouted.

"You are lucky you aren't being made an example out of right now," Vilkov exaggerated. I looked over at Luka who had a hard expression of annoyance on his face.

"You couldn't make an example out of me if you tried," Luka said sternly. I looked back at the screen and started laughing, causing the two men to laugh as well.

"You two are always causing trouble," I said to them.

"We couldn't help ourselves mija," Santiago said, his thick spanish accent made it hard to understand what he was saying.

"We couldn't recognize you with all that on your face," Vilkov said, waving his hand in front of his face, his Russian accent also making him hard to understand.

"But after we heard the way you talk to that man, we knew," Santiago said in broken English.

"Wait," Luka interrupted, "you all know each other?"

"No," I said sarcastically.

"She's married to a cold blooded killer and still can't control that mouth of hers," Vilkov chuckled.

"She is a cold blooded killer," Luka said with a smirk.

"Don't you forget it," I said with a wink.

"Such a beautiful couple -" Santiago started, but was cut off when his wife, Sara, walked into his office.

"Who are you talking to?" she said, looking at the screen. She saw me and gasped.

"Mija!" She squealed and threw her arms in the air. "Why didn't you tell me you were on the phone with her?" She yelled at her husband and smacked him upside the head.

"Hey nana," I said with a chuckle.

"Oh she remembers me," she said sarcastically, "You can't remember how to pick up a phone and call me!"

"You're so dramatic, I've been busy," I said with a grin.

"Doing what?" She asked sharply.

"Doing him," Santiago said, pointing at Luka. Sara's head quickly snapped toward Luka. I watched as Luka's eyes went wide and he sat up in his chair properly.

"You're fucking the little Ricca boy?" She whispered into the monitor with amusement, as if they couldn't still hear her.

"I can still hear you," Luka said as he rested his fingers on his temples.

"No you can't," Sara said sharply. Luka looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I just shrugged.

"They're married," Vilkov chimed in with a smirk.

"You better enjoy that smirk, because I'm going to rip your lips off," I threatened to Vilkov. He just shrugged and let a lopsided grin form on his face.

I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Sara. She was a short woman with a thick frame that came from having five kids. Her natural dark brown hair was pulled back into a thick curly ponytail that showed her natural, bare face.

"I'm going to hurt you," she threatened, "why didn't you invite me?"

"It was spur of the moment," I said with a shrug.

That made her start cursing at me in Spanish. The only thing I understood was the end when she said, "you drive me crazy little girl."

"You love me," I said with a childish grin. She just grunted and got up from Santiago's lap, making me laugh.

"Alright let's wrap this up," Vilkov said with a chuckle.

"Ricca, as long as you have her, you have us," Santiago promised.

"Of course nothing is set and stone until it's in writing. Have somebody draw that up and send it this way," I said, professionally. Everyone just nodded. We said our goodbyes and ended the call.

I sat back in my chair and let out a heavy breath.

"I'm hungry," Luka announced.

"Good for you," I said, standing up and walking out of the office.
-
-
-
-
Thanks for 1k !
Xox- NX