Chapter 10

Zophisa P.O.V

"Hello?" Luka said into his phone. We were in the car on our way to his new house. After having the meeting in the church, Luka barked a few orders, and we left.

I watched as he listened intently to the person he was speaking to. He seemed upset as he spoke back in Italian. I watched as the vein in his neck started to buldge through his olive skin. He shouted one last thing in Italian before hanging up the phone.

"What?" I asked, as he ran his hands down his face.

"We're having guests next week," he told me through clenched teeth.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked with a shrug.

"They're going to be staying for two weeks," he answered.

"Shit," I mumbled. I groaned as my phone started to ring.
"What?" I snapped through the phone.

"Is that any way to greet your father?" My dad said through the phone.

"Oh my bad," I said, "what the hell do you want old man?"

He sighed, "I just wanted to check on you, say congratulations."

"Suck it. Now go home," I said before hanging up on him.

"So, this is what we're going to do-," Luka started before I interrupted him. 

"Don't ever talk to me as if you're in charge. We won't be deciding anything until we get to your house," I said bluntly.

Just as I said that, we pulled up to the house. I draped a sheer black scarf over my face and waited for the driver to open the door.
"Thank you," I said sweetly as he helped me out of the car.

When I walked into the house, my jaw dropped instantly. It was an absolute mess, the furniture was ugly, there was a hideous rug in the middle of the floor, and the drapes didn't match anything. I walked up the extravagant staircase into the master bedroom and was instantly filled with regret. "Jesus Christ, I married a blind man," I mumbled as I continued to observe the house.

"This is not going to work," I announced as I descended the staircase.

"What?" Luka asked from the ugly couch.

"This furniture is making me itch," I said, looking at the mismatched loveseat and recliner.

"What do you want me to do about it?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"I will kill you and roll your body up in that ugly ass rug. Take me to the furniture store now," I demanded.

"You know you don't scare me, right?" He said, grabbing his coat from the coat rack next to the door.

"I should beat your ass with that coat rack," I threatened, walking behind him out of the door.

"You might want to put that thing back on your face," he said as we walked to the garage.

"Why, there's no one around," I observed.

"I know, I'm just tired of  looking at you" he insulted, opening the passenger door for me.

"Fuck you," I chuckled, pulling the door closed.

-
-
-
-
-
-
Short I know. Don't beat me over the head I know it's kind of boring but we're getting there
Xox- NX