~Chapter Twelve~

Betty and Jughead got to the location of their date.

      "Jug? What are we doing in the middle of Fox Forest?" Betty questioned him.

      "We are having our date." He told her casually.

Jughead opened a hidden hatch on the ground and gestured for Betty to go in.

She looked skeptical, but went in anyway.

The moment Betty walked into the mysterious space, she smiled.

It was an underground bunker with a table in the centre and a small cot pushed to the side.

"This is nice Juggie." Betty told her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you Princess." He told her with a smile on his face.

They shared a deep kiss before they sat down at the table.

"Have you ever played scrabble?" Jughead asked Betty as he pulled out the board game.

"Of course! I will crush you." She told him with a devious smirk and a laugh.

~{ 45 minutes later }~

"And... I win!" Betty exclaimed when all the letters were gone.

Jughead couldn't believe that he lost. He has never lost a game of scrabble in his life.

"Good job Betts." He said, trying not to be a sore loser.

"Wanna play again? Or do you have something else in mind?" She asked innocently.

"Umm... yeah, there is a swimming hole near here." He stated.

"Do you want to go?" Jughead asked.

Betty remembered what she was wearing underneath her dress and blushed.

"I rather beat you at scrabble again!" She tried to change subjects and started setting up for the next game.

"Okay then. But this time I will win." Jughead responded with the same smirk Betty wore before their first game started.

~{ 32 minutes later }~

"And that is how you win... TWICE in a row." Betty said between laughs.

Jughead laughed with her and started putting the game away, mostly to save himself from the embarrassment of losing again.

"You hungry?" He asked after the game was completely away.

"Yeah, kinda. What time is it?" Betty replied.

      "It's 1:35." He told her as he grabbed a picnic basket out of the small fridge in the bunker.

      "WOW! How'd you for that in there?" Betty asked, causing her to laugh again.

      "To be completely honest, I dont know." He responded, him now chuckling along with his girlfriends laugh.

      Jughead set the basket of food on the table and started pulling food out. Bettys eyes widened, and so did her smile.

      There was a variety of food that both teenagers couldn't wait to eat.

      "Mmmm. It all looks so good." Betty complimented Jughead on his skills to make such a delicious looking assortment of food.

      "Thank you." He said with a smile that was growing wider, not because of the compliment, but because Betty was smiling.